!!METAL MATT!! :D

Guy's I think this Name SUCKS----- Deadhead = fan of the Greatful Dead

Does not work

But A guy over at the Moser forum Gave Me a deadly idea

THE TOTENKOPF

and The for the headstock this 3ss.jpg

So what do you guy's think??

It's pretty steeped in german SS stuff.. swastikas, the whole 9 yards.. That's a pretty risky road of symbolism to go down.. If I understand my history correctly, the death head and the symbols were all part of the spiritual/mystical side of the nazi movement.

If I'm wrong i'm sure someone will correct me..

But regardless.. you could probably come up with something equally "evil" sounding without giving homage to one of the most "evil" movements our civilization has ever seen.. But that's just me :D

It's pretty steeped in german SS stuff.. swastikas, the whole 9 yards.. That's a pretty risky road of symbolism to go down.. If I understand my history correctly, the death head and the symbols were all part of the spiritual/mystical side of the nazi movement.

If I'm wrong i'm sure someone will correct me..

But regardless.. you could probably come up with something equally "evil" sounding without giving homage to one of the most "evil" movements our civilization has ever seen.. But that's just me

Yes This Is realy Buging Me as well

but TOTENKOPF does Have other uses Basically Death's head, It was used by a division in Prussian army during Frederik the Great. I think it is also used by a Swedish division at some point

And look at the IRON cross it to was used By the nazi movement but now it's used all over the place just look at JESSE JAMES and his West Coast Chopper's

http://www.westcoastchoppers.com/store/

So Im not sure What I should Do

Right.. well forms of the cross have existed all over the place, long before hitler ever had the bright idea to bastardize it :D And honestly, the cross in various forms existed outside the christian movement.. It's not a hard symbol to come up with and i'm sure there were many parallel developments of it for use in some form or fashion.

I don't know what others first impression of the totenkopf would be.. would just hate to see you work hard on something then get irritated cause people start assuming it's associated with nazi crap... like I just did :D

Right.. well forms of the cross have existed all over the place, long before hitler ever had the bright idea to bastardize it :D  And honestly, the cross in various forms existed outside the christian movement.. It's not a hard symbol to come up with and i'm sure there were many parallel developments of it for use in some form or fashion. 

I don't know what others first impression of the totenkopf would be.. would just hate to see you work hard on something then get irritated cause people start assuming it's associated with nazi crap...  like I just did B)

Ya Your realy realy RIGHT I just dont feal right about that name I think I liked It's

10second cool effect

but now NO WAY do I want My guitars associaded with that kind of crap!!

But the skull stays

Right.. well forms of the cross have existed all over the place, long before hitler ever had the bright idea to bastardize it :D  And honestly, the cross in various forms existed outside the christian movement.. It's not a hard symbol to come up with and i'm sure there were many parallel developments of it for use in some form or fashion. 

I don't know what others first impression of the totenkopf would be.. would just hate to see you work hard on something then get irritated cause people start assuming it's associated with nazi crap...  like I just did B)

Ya Your realy realy RIGHT I just dont feal right about that name I think I liked It's

10second cool effect

but now NO WAY do I want My guitars associaded with that kind of crap!!

But the skull stays

Hey man.. nothing wrong with a good skull. lol...

The Scythe would be a cool name.. maybe not for this one though.. Kinda makes me think of scisors or shears.. what's the greek thing with the fates, cutting the life string.. Maybe something cool found in that line of thought.

Hey man.. nothing wrong with a good skull. lol...

The Scythe would be a cool name.. maybe not for this one though.. Kinda makes me think of scisors or shears.. what's the greek thing with the fates, cutting the life string.. Maybe something cool found in that line of thought.

Hey With that skull How about the DEATH HEAD flying-V, It work's with The theme

of the skull and My first Name Idea

What do You guy's think of that? does It work

Ok Im going For A new Skull that DEATH HEAD one Is a NO NO :D

http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/neo-nazi_skull.asp

And I need a new Name

And I need a new Name

Mauler?

Sorry I can't be more help, but I'm usually an Acoustic Country Guy.

But your designs are unbelievable. :D

Vwood.jpg

Ok Now this Is it sofar not much yet But give It time

Oh ya and it's not all glued up yet the side's arn't glued on yet Im

working out a few kinks first B)

And Don't laugh at my guitar doduling :D

Ps sorry about the pic's They real dont show of this wild wood

EDIT: Oh ya And one more Thing I CANT beleave that more guitar builders dont use Oak I love It sofar It look's sweeet and I used The THUD test And It should Sound Great

Maybe "Aversion" (It's synonimus with horror - for those of you out there who need to look stuff like this up... just like me) I figured that is kinda in keeping with your theme anyway. Well, whatever you name it it looks good. Can't wait to see those laminates come together.

Nate Robinson

Ok I think I like The TORMENTOR idea

I could Inlay some Kind of medieval torcher Thing Into the headstock

and Have some down the fretboard!!

What do you guy's think

DEADSWEEEET.jpg

I just Had To show You guy's a beter pic Of this WILD wood and even this pic sucks :D

And this Is the back just as SEXEY B)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...EADSWEEET12.jpg

Ok I think I like The TORMENTOR idea

I could Inlay some Kind of medieval torcher Thing Into the headstock

and Have some down the fretboard!!

What do you guy's think

!!METAL MATT!!

YES! That was my idea :D

Anyways, i think it would be cool if you did like a dungeon guy/exectuioners mask as the headstock inlay, sorta like this...

http://www.crimelibrary.com/graphics/photo...er-with-axe.jpg

just my opinion, good luck

Spencer

guillotine06.jpg

Wait what about this (THE GUILLOTINE!!) and I could Have a guillotine on the head stock

Now I need some Inlay Idea's maybe a falling blade?

Great stuff matt. For names I was thinking something like Metal Mayhem, Wicked Metal, Wicked Warrior or any combo of them. I know one word name are more dramatic though. Also with the cutout in the bottom, the part people were childishly calling ballsacs, with the point it comes to you could consider it a W or M instead a V. W would be very cool. You could call it a Wicked W instead of flying V, start a whole new idea. And on the inlay, maybe at the 12th fret have a pair of interlocking W's. WW like that but slightly overlapping. Any conbo of W or M could work, WM,MW,MM. Anyway keep doing what you do best it's very inspirational. Good Luck and keep the updates coming, its great seeing the progress first hand. Just noticed you could use your screen name like Matt's Metal. Jason

B) is it all the dribbling glue that makes it so sexy Matt??

The Tormenter sounds like a cool name....I donno what kind of torture stuff you could put on B) I'll check with my girlfriend she know's a lot about the medival period so she'll know about that sort of stuff.

:D I like your doodling on the wood

:D its gonna be a sweet guitar :D I want's it

good luck!