Someone Buy This Please...

bigdguitars

Yes, but that doesn't necessarily excuse previous harshness. If it was his FIRST response, it would have been awesome. Not that I'm saying I'm personally offended-- Drak, I like your honesty most of the time. :D

Greg

The only message that was important here was for Derek, and I think he got the message, case closed and Drak properly re-chilled. :D

If you have any questions about finishing and dyes and stuff, feel free to ask anytime, I'm here to freely offer what I know and what others have taught me along down the line so others don't have to make all the mistakes I did.

I know where Drak was going, with all of this and I like the feedback, how else to become better that the Drak man? (gasps)...

The saying stand on the shoulders before us applies. I welcome all comments unless they are personal attacks, in this case Drak was right on!

If you have any questions about finishing and dyes and stuff, feel free to ask anytime,

I will definately be taking you up on that sir when the time comes. In fact, not to hijack the thread but when you do a dye black/sand back, would using black epoxy have any advantages over black dye?

Also, much respect to BigD for handling the criticism so well. Internet criticism is sometimes tough to judge.

when you do a dye black/sand back, would using black epoxy have any advantages over black dye?

It would if you were trying to fill grain at the same time, like with open-pored Ash or Oak or something along those lines. Other than that, it would not be a good idea.

It would if you were trying to fill grain at the same time, like with open-pored Ash or Oak or something along those lines. Other than that, it would not be a good idea.

Cool, thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I know that it is all in the eye of the beholder,

But for what it is worth, the pictures in E-Bay did not do this body justice....

My father was a master craftsman, having built several full-scale class racing sailboats (the largets was a 26' thunderbird), and then all of them again, in small scale.

I grew up knowing quality work, it was enforced, and while there are some blems on this guitar, it is an unusual shade of gold, with some green, like ironwood.

My father absoloutely loved teak, and he collected a library of wood.

Each sample was shaped like a book, and the type of wood, and where it was from, was stamped on the side.

The guitar looks just like the "Palo Santo" wood sample from argentina....it is a type of ironwood, i believe...

Anyway, This body is unusually pretty to some, and repulsive to others-

perfect for Me!

I await the next ones eagerly-I am an accomplished artist and want to do some of My own...

Thank You Very Much...