Neck Pickup Adjustment

Hey guys,

On my Ibanez Rg420, I'm trying to get the neck pickup to give me a nice warmer tone, it's really trebley (trebly?) and I'd like to make it warmer, I've tried adjusting the pickup height but at the moment I have an inner ear infection so I'm not hearing things quite well :D so what would I do to give a warmer tone to the pickups? any suggestions? thanks.

i'm not familiar with the model but does the neck pickup have it's own volumn and tone controls?

Well, it is a discontinued dual-humbucker with proper switching but I think the tone cap is of too high a value. Clip it out and try your pickup closer to the strings at the neck. If you can't get there, you can't get there.

I would replace the volume and tone with 250K and it that doesn't do it for you you can adjust the bridge pickup so the treble side is real close too the strings and the bass side is farther away. This will force you too turn down the treble on the amp because the bridge will be too bright, thus causing your neck pickup too be darker...