Removing Bindings And Triangle Inlays

I dislike all kinds of bindings (especially the PVC ones).

Even though I am trying to make triangle inlays for my present project, i dislike big position markers too.

Here is my problem:

I'd like to remove the mega-annoying bindings on this guitar's neck:

guitar4oq.jpg

The triangle markers are bloody annoying too. I'd like to replace them with dots.

Do I need a new fingerboard or is there a way to fix things without the need of replacing the present one?

PS: By the way, this guitar is a mint condition Ibanez and is for sale. Buy it before I start ruining it B):D:D

Edited by DrummerDude

Even though I am trying to make triangle inlays for my present project, i dislike big position markers too.

Here is my problem:

http://img146.echo.cx/img146/2112/guitar4oq.jpg

The triangle markers are bloody annoying too. I'd like to replace them with dots.

Do I need a new fingerboard or is there a way to fix things without the need of replacing the present one?

PS: By the way, this guitar is a mint condition Ibanez and is for sale. Buy it before I start ruining it :DB)  :D

Uh, if it's for sale, why bother? :D

Here is my problem:

http://img146.echo.cx/img146/2112/guitar4oq.jpg

PS: By the way, this guitar is a mint condition Ibanez and is for sale. Buy it before I start ruining it B) B)  :D

Uh, if it's for sale, why bother? :D

As I said, the guitar is for sale at the present moment.

If nobody buys it in a week or two (and it is much likely to happen), I will start messing with its fretboard.

The guitar is in mint condition. You can see the nylon cover on the pick guard - the axe is still unpacked.

Buy it now or regret untill the end of your life :D

OK, here is the whole story.

I bought this guitar like 3 years ago (back then I used to LOVE triangle inlays and all kinds of heavy metal things on guitars). I never played the guitar, though. I never used it for anything, actually.

It is simply a part of my collection of (uuuuh... let me count them) 4 guitars :D

I just wanted an Ibanez and I impulse-bought this axe from the store.

From then on, it stays in its box, locked in a closet.

I am not eager to sell it but I am not dying to mess with its fingerboard too because that could cause a total disaster.

DokterPeppor, thanks for your offer but I calculated the shipping costs to the USA and it is a scary figure. :D

DokterPeppor, I found the cheapest shipping service possible and it is still quite expensive.

Let's asume that the guitar weighs about 6 kilograms (though, it may be heavier or lighter)

This is the official web site of BGPosts - our State's postal services, similar to the American company USPS.

Click here: http://www.bgpost.bg/index.htm#Eng/services/services.htm

Scroll down to where it says PRICES OF INTERNATIONAL PARCELS, DISPATCHED BY SURFACE AND BY AIR.

USA is in zone 6.

The shipping prices of a 6-kilo package would be 87,80 Levs Surface and 163,60 Levs air.

One US dollar equals 1,5 Bulgarian Levs.

This means that the shipping of your package would cost you about 58 US dollars ground and about 108 US dollars air. :D

OK, here is the offer: Since I decided not to mess with the fingerboard, I may sell or exchange the whole guitar (not only the neck) to people living in Europe or (in case that the shipping costs are satisfactory for you) in the USA.

Maybe the mods would like to move the whole topic in the Trading section. :D