My Next Project ... Some Pre-con. Questions

Hey there guys.

My current project is drawing to a close you could say and i've started tossing a few ideas around in my head and thought i'd grab some clarification. I'd like to build a neck thru this time, do any of you guys find neck thru to be easier/harder than say bolt on or set? I'm looking at a basswood body and just to be adventurous (because it will be solid finished) a basswood neck. I'd probably go for a curly maple fret board with a 27" scale length just for some difference, i'm a pretty tall guy so i figure why not? i want to use one of the bad ass wrap around style bridges, will i need a neck angle with it? I'm thinking of painting it cream and having zakk's bullseye because i just love it so much.

Peace out guys.

What gave you the idea for a basswood neck? It's a poor choice without a lot of extra stabilizers like graphite or steel. Even then it's debateable. The fact that you'll be using a longer scale makes it even less likely to succeed.

Yes you'll need a neck angle for a wraparound bridge. You can't really recess it because you need access to the lower end to string it.

please, please do some research first before you think about trying to do a basswood neck, seriously, a nice maple, cherry would be as easy to build as the useless basswood one your talking about

Curtis