Your Choice on Guitar Amps

Scott D.

If someone was to give you a half-stack(FREE) of one of the brands listed below, what one would you take? All same wattage.  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wot? No Hiwatt? Fender?

:D

B)

um, you only need one choice up there. seems everyone agrees with me, mesa/boogie. they are some really great sounding amps. i dream of a triple rectifier at night. i wake up wet and disappointed. :D

Hey Brian, with all these votes for the California kids, you should put it to them that 9/10 Projectguitar.com voters choose Mesa/Boogie in return for an amp as a prize!

Just wish I could get mine sorted. Never mind, perhaps I'll get a nice 40w valve Fender one of these days...

Howdy,

I just plunked down the cash for a Peavey Classic 50/212. I tried the Fenders, Marshalls, and some other tube amps, but the 50/212 in clean mode is "it" for me.

Actually, the Marshall 40 watt tube amp came in a close second.

Oh well.

Guitar Ed

Hey Brian, with all these votes for the California kids, you should put it to them that 9/10 Projectguitar.com voters choose Mesa/Boogie in return for an amp as a prize!

Just wish I could get mine sorted. Never mind, perhaps I'll get a nice 40w valve Fender one of these days...

you probably could get some sort of 'gear' prizes from a few companies

after all it's great advertising B)

All of you guys were complaining about what I put up there, but... Here Rocktron, I know people that have rocktrons, and the guitar store about a block away from where i live sells them. Its just a poll. READ THE POLL!! IF IT WAS FOR FREE! YOU DONT GET ALOT OF CHOICES!! ITS FREEEEEEEEE!

but with a range like that would anyone ever choose a rocktron?...etc

I voted Marshall because I like the sound, but the best for me would be a Rocktron Prophesy Guitar System pre with Marshall EL34 100/100 Dual Monobloc Power Amp and Marshall 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers...

yes, it's Mustaine's gear.... love that sound...

but with a range like that would anyone ever choose a rocktron?...etc

I voted Marshall because I like the sound, but the best for me would be a Rocktron Prophesy Guitar System pre with Marshall EL34 100/100 Dual Monobloc Power Amp and Marshall 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers...

yes, it's Mustaine's gear.... love that sound...

i stand corrected , but you see the point i was making?

I like mine (I.e. my rich drummer's) 100 W Trace Elliot

http://www.trace-elliot.com/electric/strampquad.html

I heard it was a jazz amp, and not good for real big distortion, but it holds up with my digitech metal master, and also its got a nice spring reverb on it (I wish I could turn it off and on, meh) which makes it sound good when playing ska. I swear to god I have not once used the crazy quad chorus but it is really nice the double distortion is a bit nuts (figuring that I have a digitech metal master) but the clean/distrotion change is nice.

I think I am going to buy him another channel selector (So that I can abuse both the channel selector AND the boost)

Do I work for trace-elliot?

No

Would I for a nice head and cab?

Yes :D