Three Way Switch

idrum4food

Ok, one last question. I've got two SD humbuckers with a threeway switch, tone and volume pot. The three way switch has a single connetion on one side and on the other side has two pair of connectors which I'm assuming is for front and rear pickups. I ran the wire from the front pickup through one pair of connectors and the rear pickup wire through the other pair of connectors. No good cause I get active pickups no matter what position I throw the switch. Do I need to run the pickup wire through only one of the connectors that are paired together? If so, which one. Inside or outside? I've always sucked at electronics. I feel I'm sooooo close to seeing how this ax is going to sound. HELP again.

Ok, I'm going to assume that it's an LP style 3-way switch.. The single terminal is for a ground connection.. What you've got to do is to think of the 2 pairs of terminals on the other side as 4 terminals (let's number 'em 1, 2, 3 and 4).. Terminals 1 and 2 are for the neck and bridge pickups.. Terminals 2 and 3 you lump together and connect to the output of your jack.. Hope that helps!!