Deal Of The Century?

marksound

Guest AlexVDL

A real Max les paul is worth 20.000 but if he finishes it, then it won't be a real Max will it?? Hahaha... I wouldn't go higher then 1500 for the neck and body, but you can make it yourself for 500 (using the real good woods like brazilian rosewood and honduran etc.) maybe cheaper....

This guy is nuts :D

For that Kinda money, it better be presented at my front door like this.

e2_3.JPG

Thats awesome! We all can be millionaires. Just make a standard LP body using descent wood, buy a neck and fb and call it something it's not. Wow since that guitar is selling for almost $4000 right now, I think Myka, Metal Matt, and everyone else that I can't think of right now, that are making beautiful great sounding finished guitars would blow that guys crap out of the water. If they did what he is doing and flat out lie about what it is, they could sell their guitars for twice or three times as much as what he is.

It's kinda sad that there are that many brainless idiots out there. Although it really brings up my selfesteem! If all it takes is a finish to be worth 20K then why not spend a couple hundred and make 20K instead of a few grand. Why because it's Bullsh!&. Jason

So, who is MAX? And does he know that top is not bookmatched?

I think you're right. The treble side is alot more flatsawn and has that knot around where the pickguard would go. Not to mention it's got lousy figuring. What a joke. :D

I heard this guy is all strung out on that Titebond 2! LOL

Just kidding, but seriously this is getting sick. It's at $4000 and still has not met the reserve. If I were that guy I definitely would not have put my face in the pic , I'd be nervous that someone would come after me after they found out that it was nothing special and actually kinda junky for an LP! Jason

i love one of the questions asked.

"Q: WHY $56.00 FOR THIS? KEN Jun-02-05

A: It will come in two boxes, and the insurance will be high if it meets reserve, and WHY NOT?"

someone should email him and go "Why 4000 for this, and still reserve not met?"

lol

And does he know that top is not bookmatched?

It is bookmatcked, the reason you can't tell too well in some pics is because the top is just CNC and haven't bein scraped or sanded.

Still I think that it is way too much money for a guitar like this.

Anybody could make a guitar in this state for about $400-$600 on materials alone(using the actual good wood).

Huh? I think he erased someones bid, it was up to $4000 and now it's under that. The person that had it up to $4000 had no feedback he was a 0 and still within the first 30 days. It doesn't really matter as it is still under the reserve.

The funny and ironic part is that he erased someones bid because he thought he was going to get screwed, little did the bidder know it was going to be the other way around! Later in that guys life he will find out that the guitar he bid on was crap and he'll be so happy his bid got erased.

Isn't it ironic, don't you think? Jason

the guy is an idiot...

You asked:

"why is the reserve at 4000? this is just CNC'd wood? so what, warmoth can do that too?"

the reserve is much more than $4000, and it is old growth wood, and made by MAX. I do not expect to reach reserve really.

so who the hell is max?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=7327335989

Looking here I think that it is complete BS, I understand that automatic bids are not shown, but a single bidder sitting in front of the PCwith more than 6 days left on an item, raising the price $659 to 3,898 seems a bit od for me. Especialy when there are seconds away, Unless this are automated.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=7327335989

Looking here I think that it is complete BS, I understand that automatic bids are not shown, but a single bidder sitting in front of the PCwith more than 6 days left on an item, raising the price $659 to 3,898 seems a bit od for me. Especialy when there are seconds away, Unless this are automated.

Ebay calls that a 'Proxy' bid. You type in your maximum you are willing to pay, lets say $4000, but the current bid is only $500, so your first bid will be listed as $550 or so. If someone comes along and bids $600, the bid will then be at $650 or so, with you still in the lead. It's does this automatically until someone out bids your maximum.

The thing about the bids being seconds or minutes apart is it was most likely the current high bidder, re-biding until he out bid the other guy.

Edited by M_A_T_T

I think you are right, there is something funny going on there! Maybe he has a partner in crime that is raising the bids for him so he can get it up to reserve without all the bidders feeling that they are getting ripped off. I just don't get how anyone would put down that much loot for some carved wood and nothing more. If you were getting a custom guitar finished to your likings I can see that much money and even then $4000 is a lot of cash. I hope he gets called on his fraud by ebay or someone, but I doubt anyone will. Jason