Pickup Winding...

Miro

Hmmm...sorry Miro, I'm not sure what you mean. If you could post a picture or something of where your at. Otherwise....

Each wire needs to be soldered to a lead. I use two core shielded cable with the two wires attached to the winding ends and the shielding connected only, at the selector switch. That allows you to reverse the phase of the PUp without reversing the shielded earth.

As far as magnet's go...correct me guys if I'm wrong...I think on the P90 there are two magnets with both North or south poles against the screws. That makes the top of the poles north or south. If you have two pickups you can make one north up and the other south up so that in combination they'll be humbucking.

If you're question is attaching the fine wire to the bobbin. Usually you install eyelets like on a fender pickup on one end of the bobbin when you make it and then attach the leads to this. If you don't have these...you could solder the leads to the winding and carefully and securely tape them in against the coil...just make sure the solder joints don't short against one another and you really tie the winding wire to the leads...and strip with some fine sandpaper the enamel from the winding wire before you very carefully try to solder it. This is especially important with the inner wire as you can't unwind it if you burn through it and loose that end.

Anyway....hope that helps

pete

it solved one doubt, but the main question still remains. here's a draw of what I mean:

| |

::::::::::::::::::::::::

lets pretend that this is a pickup from front view... (jesus... is he drunk?) now, the ':' is the ground or base plate, and the vertical bars are the sides of the coil. the coil have two points: where you beginned to wind and another where you finished the wind. where they go? I have to attach them to the pole pieces or something? thanx (but I think I still didn't made it clear :D)

I have to attach them to the pole pieces or something?

No,no, no...dont attach winding wires to the pole pieces. Attach them to leads or the eyelet's I was talking about (if you have them)...then to the leads. Some people earth the poles/magnets but I tend not to.

Any help?

Yes...I think you've got it.

The wires don't touch the pickup but go to the selector and earth. With two conductors one goes to earth with the shield. What you can do though is choose which one goes to earth and which goes to the selector. This will effect how the pickup sounds in combination with another pickup. You could wire it to phase reversal switch for an extra sound when the pickups are used together before the selector if you wanted....otherwise solder to the selector to get the combined sound you want.

An out of phase sound is kind of thin and funky...kind of straty...you might like it. If your other pickup has it's magnets the opposite of the other, you actually want them out of phase to get the normal combined sound with the humbucking effect.

Hope I haven't confused you too much.

pete