Jackson Body - Fender Neck

I just bought a jackson style guitar body from TNT Custom guitar and a stewmac birseye maple neck. Both are spec'd to becompatible with the standard 2 - 3/16th inch neck pocket. However the neck appears to be slighly smaller and tapers in so it is 2 - 3/32 by the end of the neck pocket? This causes a neck joint that is very loose - by about 1/16 - 2/16th. Really....it just doesn't fit. This poses several questions to me?

-Where can I get a fender style neck that will fit the jackson body?...

-or is there something wrong with my stew mac neck?.

-I know the floyd rose bridge is slightly larger than a standard Fender bridge so this seems as if I would need a neck that is slightly wider?

-Even though my stemac neck does not fit the jackson will it fit nice an tight into a fender style body????

As you can see I have many questions about neck pockets relative to fender necks and jackson style bodies. Can someone answer these questions or share some information on this subject?

Things is, the Floyd Rose is wider. This makes it necessary to have the heel bit wider too. Basically the neck proportions are a bit different. Your E strings will be too close to the edge of the neck or to the fret ends, making it difficult to play at times.

Yes, it's likely that the Stewmac neck will fit a Fender since they use "standard" width bridges for the most part.

-Doug

Are both 22 or 24 fret?  Is the jackson body for a 22 or 24 fret neck? This might be the cause of your looseness.  the 22 fret neck that I have fit loose on my Soloist body, and the body is for 24 fet neck.

it's not a jackson body...it's a tnt body in the jackson style.it is based on a standard fender pocket i would bet.

I was thinking maybe I could add finish to the body and the neck to make it fit, but that's a good 1/16th to 2 16th of an inch.  Is this a feasible approach?  If yes, it will fix the neck/body joint problem but it also appears the guitar will not play well since the strings will be too close to the edge of the fret ends?  Any thoughts on this?  Sounds like I need to get a different neck.

Also, How do I find a maple neck that will fit properly with a floyd rose?   I love the maple fret board look with a floyd?  I've seen plenty of guitars with fender style necks with a floyd rose?  Any suggestions?

Edited by mbaker

it's not a jackson body...it's a tnt body in the jackson style.it is based on a standard fender pocket i would bet.

Wes, most of the JAckson copies that are sold are to be used for 24 fret necks, just like the ones that sell here

http://www.guitarshopsupply.net/index.php?cPath=35

I don't know what TNT is, but the only soloist type guitar that I have seen in 22 fret is the Warmoth one.

I will google it now to check.

EDIT:

I just check TNT and it is the same link that I posted above, so he needs a 24 fret neck, the 22 won't work, not only it will fit a bit loose, but the scale will be off.

Wes, most of the JAckson copies that are sold are to be used for 24 fret necks, just like the ones that sell here

http://www.guitarshopsupply.net/index.php?cPath=35

I don't know what TNT is, but the only soloist type guitar that I have seen in 22 fret is the Warmoth one.

I will google it now to check.

EDIT:

I just check TNT and it is the same link that I posted above, so he needs a 24 fret neck, the 22 won't work, not only it will fit a bit loose, but the scale will be off.

wow..that is very good to know.i did not know you could get an actual jackson copy with a pocket for 24 frets.

but yeah...that is defiately the problem then