I Am Working On Planning My Neck-through Guitar...

Hey guys, great site here, I love reading the tutorials, but I probaly havent browsed enough to see a section on neck-through guitars. I am trying to plan mine out right now but I really dont know where to start.

I need to find fairly good quality Mahogony body blanks, (I already know what kind of neck I am gonna get, Carvin NT6 Mahogony), I am looking for Glues and other items that I will need to glue my blanks onto the guitar. Also, do you know where I could get some templetes for a few different body styles, pickups, and bridge routing (floyd rose).

Please help this confused noob :DB)

thanks

-ryan :D

Hey and welcome. :D

I just completed a Carvin NT6 maple guitar a month or so ago. I love it. I was thinking of getting a mahogany neck next time.

Here's a place to get mahogany blanks, among other things, from a guy on this forum. I'm a repeat customer of his, and I highly recommend him.

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=15935

As for glue, Titebond I is popular around here. You can get it at pretty much any hardware store, including Lowe's and Home Depot.

Here's a place for some templates:

http://www.guitarbuildingtemplates.com/electricguitar.htm#

Check out Stewmac.com for pickup templates, etc. etc. etc.

There are also several drawings, etc. in the downloads section of this forum.

Hope this helps! When you get the mahogany neck going, keep us posted...

Thanks, great stuff there, and those woods look great, ill have to check that out for sure.

Ok guys, I was wondering, I have a Carvin DC145 (just like DC127 w/ middle pu) that I could model this guitar after, or I could buy some templetes and stuff.

i really like the Randy Rhodes V

the gibson V

The gibson SG

But what I would really like is a body templete for the new Jackson SLSMG, if any of you have one or know where I can get one Ill gladly buy it or check it out, thanx

-ryan