What Should I Use?

So here's what happend. I was instaling tuners on strat style warmoth neck and one of the screws broke off. My guess is that I didn't predrill the hole quite right. So here's my question. What should I use to fill the hole? Unfortunetly the hole isn't a perfictly clean cut because when I was trying to get the tip of the screw out it got a bit messy. Any ideas you guys might have would be great.

Thanks

Bill

What should I use to fill the hole? Unfortunetly the hole isn't a perfictly clean cut because when I was trying to get the tip of the screw out it got a bit messy. Any ideas you guys might have would be great.

Thanks

Bill

hey, i actually only saw this today. during my Design tech incursion at school, where i was making my guitar all day in my schools ausome workshop...

i saw some kids in year 7 making shelves. and they had drilled the holes too far, so they filled them with some kind of putty.

now i don't know what it was, but it was very effective, it looked just like the wood, but without the grain. i also think that it dries just as hard.

if somebody could clarify what this is, that would be great, because i would also like to know for future referance :D

If you could alsso post a picture up, it would be helpful in knowing what the situation is....

Charlie G

I think I might just go with a sawdust/cynoacrilic mix.

Thats about the only solution I know of, aside from laying some veneer over top of the whole face. I've had similar dilemmas when replacing tuners that have mounting screws in a different place. You can NEVER totally hide those old screw holes.