Veneer Problem

j, you are a complete PC retard and a blabbering idiot on top of that.

Get out while you still can, and save this thread any more of your selfish, self-centered, NON-INFORMATIVE, ego-centric, completely off-topic retarded babbling.

OH! I forgot, you are here to SAVE THE UNIVERSE FROM THE EVIL OF DRAK!!!! :D:DB)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you had 2 brain cells to rub together to call your own, you would use the SEARCH FEATURE here on the site and find numerous posts I have made about veneering in the past, that I have gotten tired of repeating over and over for the next guy who is too lazy to use the search function.

If you are going to pick an issue to stand up for, why don't you at least make sure you know what the hell you're talking about before you go shooting your mouth off, before you engage those 2 last brain cells, eh? :D

Oh, but I'm sure you're not done yet hijacking this thread with your own (puke) ~feelings~ on the matter at hand.

Too bad you don't actually have any USEFUL INFORMATION ON VENEERING to offer us, but I'm sure you're not done yet.

I need a vomit emoticon! :D

Let's see. I'm conservative and neither particularly PC nor touchy-feely. I'm from Texas. I go to Yale. I scored 1590 on the SAT. I'm studying engineering. And I ALREADY KNOW HOW TO VENEER. I've used veneering in the past and just finished making a veneer laminate for a control cover. I don't need to use the search function to find out about it. I haven't started a single useless thread since I joined the forum. I just don't understand people who get off jumping new guys with questions - you didn't even give him the good old "stop asking stupid questions and use the search button" reply that at least makes some sense.

If everyone who thinks you shouldn't be an a****** to people with stupid questions or questions that've been asked before is a touchy-feely PC whiney bleeding-heart liberal idiot, the world's going to crap a lot faster than I thought.

Edited by Scott Rosenberger

Well j, I'm soooo sorry that the world doesn't spin on your personal axis.

With your I.Q., I would think it should. You got ripped me thinks. How much did you pay for that education and not get to rule the world? :D:DB)

While I'm on the subject...

If you are sooooooooooo smart, I CAIN'T BELIEVE (said in my best Sissy Spacek 'Coal Miner's Daughter' Drak southern drawl) that:

1) You didn't offer a single sentence on veneering to a guy who needs it when YOU have ~THE KNOWLEDGE~

2) You hijacked a perfectly good thread (NOT an intelligent choice, OR very PC) for your own selfish reasons

3) You didn't research your subject before sticking yourself out on a limb.

You are not as smart as your I. <cough cough> Q. suggests you are.

I need a sucking teeth emoticon now!

While I'm on the subject...

If you are sooooooooooo smart, I CAIN'T BELIEVE (said in my best Sissy Spacek 'Coal Miner's Daughter' Drak southern drawl) that:

1) You didn't offer a single sentence on veneering to a guy who needs it when YOU have ~THE KNOWLEDGE~

2) You hijacked a perfectly good thread (NOT an intelligent choice, OR very PC) for your own selfish reasons

3) You didn't research your subject before sticking yourself out on a limb.

You are not as smart as your I. <cough cough> Q. suggests you are.

I need a sucking teeth emoticon now!

Edited by Scott Rosenberger

Such a puss to willy out so early on in the battle! B)

I guess ehhh, 'high I.Q.' doesn't necessarily include any ~balls content~, ehh?

Just give up and ignore me from your whatever list...

:D:D

Funny, ever since I've been a member here, I have NEVER EVER put ANYONE on a 'ignored members' list.

I don't even know how to do that.

But my I.Q. isn't what your's is I'm suuuure.

I guess to ignore a member is something smart (read: truly dumbass insecure) ...people do, eh? B):D

As long-winded as that argument was, Drak did actually say one thing with merit early on in the thread: do use wax paper between your glue board and your veneer. That might have gotten lost in all the crap that got slung around :D.

Also, be careful not to get any glue on the outside surface while you're putting glue down - you'll inevitably get glue on your hands, and then you'll pick up the veneer, and then there'll be big ugly glue spots on it. Veneer's so thin you don't want to have to sand those sorts of things out, so it's best to just do your best not to accidentally get glue on the outside.

As long-winded as that argument was, Drak did actually say one thing with merit early on in the thread: do use wax paper between your glue board and your veneer. That might have gotten lost in all the crap that got slung around smile.gif.

Also, be careful not to get any glue on the outside surface while you're putting glue down - you'll inevitably get glue on your hands, and then you'll pick up the veneer, and then there'll be big ugly glue spots on it. Veneer's so thin you don't want to have to sand those sorts of things out, so it's best to just do your best not to accidentally get glue on the outside.

I got the 'ack ack' from 'Mars Attacks!' , one of my favorite Sci-Fi movies.

:D:D

And basically, what I am saying is that if you -really- don't know what the hell you're talking about, then don't try and ~levitate~ us with your WEAK-ASS (I.Q. driven) BS 2-step knowledge.

I will call you out as a BS fraud if that's what you are.

If you HONESTLY know how to veneer, then SPELL IT OUT for the newb, Pilgrim, because I'll be watching for your mistakes.

OK, GO! B)

What the hell was all that? :D Veneering: use titebond sparingly with care not to cover the finished surface - did that about cover it? It took five pages to reach that. I may be off base but if we are all amatuers of varying degrees each asking each other how to best accomplish our goals, wouldn't we be better off just asking and responding to questions. BTW, I have no experience in veneering, hence my interest in this thread- at first. :D

Nate Robinson

sorry mods i dont want to reignite anything just trying to learn something new in the limited time i have and reading through 4-5 pages of bickering just to learn what to do and how to do it is.....