Knobs Problem...

hey guys, i need some advice.

i got fed up with my old crackling pots in my ibanez rg7621, so i replaced them with dimarzio pots... but now the bling green ibanez knobs i have dont fit on!

i think the pots shafts are too big... so what do i do? i really wonna keep the knobs as they cost me a few bob and they look awesome with the green pickups...

any ideas guys?

Roman

are the knobs the press on type or do they have a set screw..i don't mean this part insulting at all but if they're the set screw type did you back the screw out enough so that it wasn't interfering?

if they're the press on type you can take a drill bit of the appropriate size and enlarge the hole slightly so that it fits the new pots.

brilliant advice Bigtommyb, just did it and its perfect now. :-D

i'm really grateful man.. coz these are rare Ibanez NOS Universe replacement knobs :-)

cheers guys!

Roman

i'm certainly not trying to start an arguement here but i have on several occasions drilled out knobs including ones with brass inserts and set screws quite sucessfully. if the shafts had been solid it's a viable alternative. :D