Les Paul Vs Prs Singlecut (tremonti)

Kith

I'm pretty sure that they can make customs for Tremonti, but if he saw the one that you ordered and he liked it, you can bet he will get it. I didn't know that you couldn't get it in the UK, I thought that the cease and desist was only in the US. I'm going to Korea next month and I will sure try to go to the PRS SEs factory over there and see if I can snatch an Tremonti SE... I know it is a cheap PRS, but I like the model a lot.

Weellll...I bought a Les Paul Classic about a month and a half ago. Took 8 months to find a Gibson worth buying. Looked at some PRS Singlecuts along the way and something felt missing, so I stuck with the Gibson. I really did hate giving the lawsuit machine more money, but I love my guitar more than I love my soul, so what else should I have done?

ah, prs had it coming. paul's always willing to sue other people anyhow. as far as i'm concerned, it's a fairly blatent rip-off of a les paul. i'm not saying the prs singlecut is a bad guitar; i'll take one any day. i'm just saying they could have altered the shape a bit more(as opposed to just the carve of the top) to make it less obvious.

Yeah, but can you imagine the fur that would have flown had PRS actually succeeded in their boardroom plan to snatch Les Paul away from Gibson and put his name on the Singlecut? Talk about lawsuits.

I think in the end PRS will either make some mods to the design, pay Gibson a licensing fee, or both. In any case, we'll never see them cranked out as fast as Gibson cranks out LPs, but I do think we will see them built as production models again.

I think it's starting to be stupid to make lawsuits over SINGLE-CUTS... They're all somehow similar and they've been around a LONG time ago. Why dosen't gibon sue all the hollow body jazz guitar compagnies that did those a long time b4 they did?

I really think it's stupid.

i imagine if i owned a guitar company, it would be hard to determine what's copyright infringement and what's a coincidental resemblance. however, i'm certain that my first line of action would be to avoid a law suit. i'd prefer to just prove that my guitars are better.

I have tried both the tremotini single cut and a gibson standard and the standard would have been my choice. But thats just ONE Gibson. For the majority of the time I would take PRS. Gibsons are not very consistent. One can be total crap and the next one you pickup would be heaven.

I'd go for the PRS singlecut... I think it looks more stylish than a Gibson Les Paul, even though I like Les Paul in general, especially the '58 (for the neck) and '59 (for the looks)... I like the trem option on PRS + I saw on Tremonti's site (or Alter Bridge) that he has a 24 fret red flame singlecut w/trem! Dream guitar!!! The inlays are more appealing on PRS (birds vs. crown)...

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I've never been a fan of the PRS singlecut. I absolutely love the look of the doublecut. But as some other peopl ehave said, the feel just isn't there sometimes and something feels missing. I'd go with a Les Paul, But I would have to find the right one, which hasn't happened yet.