Guitar Of The Month For August

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnight EST the 23rd of July then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

Here is my entry this month,

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02019.jpg

DSC02229.jpg

DSC02223.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC02222.jpg

Specs.

Body. Basswood with 1/2" bookmatched flamed maple top (bought from Rich, fryovanni), stained blue burst (black sand back method) with black sides and back, AANJ, rear Strat style jack.

Neck. Jackson concept (JDR94) neck, with body matching flamed maple, stained black with tung oil on the back of the neck.

Electronics. EMG 81's, single vol & tone.

Hardware. Gotoh tuners, Hipshot bridge.

Custom Tele made for a friend and mentor:

Roman%20Front.jpgBackside%20Birdseye.jpg

Roman%20Body.jpg

Couldn't resist throwing in an action shot!

Action%20Shot.jpg

Here are the specs:

Body:

One-piece swamp ash

3-pickup route

custom on-off switch

string through body design with gold string ferrules

water soluble Transfast orange dye

Electrosocket output jack

12 coats of Minwax tung oil

2 coats of Minwax finishing paste

modern design gold bridge

Neck:

Birdseye maple

3+3 custom headstock with gold locking Sperzels

custom waterslide decal logo

graphtech nut

22 fret, 24 ¾ scale ebony fretboard

4 mm edge inlayed abalone fret markers

6105 fretwire

gold neck ferrule attachment

Alright, I'm in. This is called the "Stew Craft" boat guitar. Inspired by the old 30's and 40's mahogany Chris Craft boats. My guitar is fashioned after a 1939 Chris Craft Roundabout Deluxe "Barrrelback".

DockhighsaturationA1.jpg

Aangledfulllength.jpg

Promoshot4frontpegface.jpg

Afinishedlight.jpg

(sorry, the camera shot the green light as blue)

Here's some links of pics while being built:

My body blank after glueing

Cut and sanded. Mahogany takes forever to sand

Back of body

Light refelctions, not imperfections on the neck

Note the "plank" appearance in the mahogany

Boat registration and licence

High gloss reflection

Specs:

- Solid Honduras Mahogany/poplar laminate body

- Mahogany 25.5 scale neck, boatneck (yes, I know) neck profile, 1 11/16" nut, pau ferro fingerboard with jumbo frets, white bound with pearl dots.

- Gotoh 510 tuners

- Dunlop strap locks

- 3 independant mini pickup toggles, wired parallel.

- LR Baggs piezo X-bridge

- Seymour Duncan Antiquity I series Strat pickups.

Finish:

- Guitar Reranch rattle cans, 1 can Fender neck amber, 4 cans clear gloss nitrocellulose, neck and body. Grain filler applied first before tint and lacquer.

Special features:

- Custom decals

- Fabricated navigational deck light

- Custom design acrylic clear pickguard

The top Jaguar two way circuit switch serves as the On/Off switch for the deck light. I fabricated the housing out of a pulley wheel casing and then ground down to round off. I also fabricated the colored green & red "port/starboard" lenses out of casting resin, then ground down to size.

This is getting long so I'll save the rest for questions later.

guys...i don't like to post in this thread...but all but one entry this month has posted pics that are too large...size limits on images still apply...

don't make me continue to turn your images into links

edit: 4 pics maximum please

Oh, what the hell. Let me mix things up with a carved top. I know that tele has quite a following, but I've got nothing to lose. I built this guitar about 4 years ago, summer of freshman year if I'm not mistaken. This was the first guitar I ever built, but you'd never know it looking at it.

Specs:

-mahogany body

-laminated, mahogony, set neck

-24.75 scale

-ebony headstock overlay and fretboard

-M.O.P. signature inlay on headstock and star inlays on fretboard

-PPG paint all around with white line detailing on the back

-Schaller chrome tuners, straplocks, TOM bridge, and tailpiece

-Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz humbuckers

-Volume and tone knobs for each humbucker

-coil taps for each humbucker(the volume pots are push/pull)

-plastic control cavity covers with lexan inserts to make the wiring visible

-7ply binding on the body, 3 ply binding on the headstock, and 1 ply binding on the neck

-bone nut

-all fretwork done by yours truely(I only say that because I know not everyone on this forum will do their own fretwork).

After I built this guitar, I knew I would never be happy with a guitar I did not build.

2003_0805premier0042.JPG

2003_0805premier0045.JPG

2003_0805premier0054.JPG

2003_0805premier0058.JPG

http://xs36.xs.to/pics/05276/headstock.jpg

Let me appologize in advance to the administrators if there's anything wrong with my pictures. I resized them to 640x480, and every other entry had several pics so I figured it would be acceptable.

And let me appologize to everyone else for my camera sucking.

Edited by thegarehanman

I get the feeling I'm going to receive about zero votes B) , but anyway, here it is.

P1030590.jpg

It's basically a replica of a Tom Delonge Strat, a sweet guitar which is was designed and played by Tom for several years, until Gibson handed him a stack of money to change allegence. This saw the birth of the Gibson TD-355 (which has the similar one pickup/one volume configuration), and the halt in production of the TD strats.

I'm a fan of Blink 182 and The Offspring as well as other punk/pop-punk bands and heavier rock. I'm a Satch/Vai fanatic as well. I wanted to make a TD as it has a great heavy sound, and the simple setup meant it was easier for me to wire than something with a 5 way selector. As I'm a wiring n00b, I wanted to start with something easy.

Features:

*Rosewood fretboard.

*White Seymour Duncan Invader pickup.

*One pickup/One Volume setup, the perfect guitar to just plug and play.

*10-46 D'addarios.

*Custom made pearloid pickguard

*Umm *scratches forhead whist thinking of other features to type about*, did I mention it's white? :D

P1030585.jpg

As for sound, the invader obviously suits Any kind of rock to a tee. I was kinda concerned about some people saying that this pickup was too 'hot' for it's own good, but I'm suprised (and glad) that this guitar is wayyyyyyyyy more versatile than I expected it to be. Most people I asked said the clean sounds would probably be rubbish, however I beg to differ. Don't be fooled, this is one versatile axe, despite it's simple setup.

P1030588.jpg

and the 'action shot' :D :

action.jpg

Well there it is. It's my first ever project guitar. It took me about a month to complete, working on and off on it. The easiest part was probably assembling it. The hardest part, well, not the 'hardest' but the most time consuming was probably painting. As far as a first guitar goes I'm pretty pleased with myself.

I'd have some soundclips for you, however last time I tried soundclips with my RG, they sounded rubbish (not the guitars fault, I just have a horrible recording setup :D ).

Hope you like it, hope you vote for it!

Peace out,

Andrew B)

EDIT: pay no attention to the fact there is no volume knob present! i have a chrome one now, but no camera.

Edited by neocon58

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, you saw the "before" pictures of this guitar, these are the "after" pics.

I started refinishing it 10 days ago, finished it the other day. Its currently on a 747 on its way to its new home in Sweden.

IMG_2682.jpg

Meet Frank, this guitar's owner :D

IMG_2680.jpg

Quilted maple, brazilian mahogany, rock maple, rosewood, set neck, seymour duncan jazz and distortion (both coil splitable), tunomatic strung through, paua dots and logo, jumbo frets.

AND............................

and sound sample: Recorded by my new endorsee, Graham Greene

IMPRESSIVE HAIR (SAMPLE)

The full song will be on Graham's next release: Leap Of Face, due out before xmas. The entire track was written, recorded, mixed, and burnt within 48 hours, AND he had two teeth pulled in that time