No More Cnc For Me.

Maybe i should cut them, then stick (with double sided tape?) the wood i cut back on the body so it's stable for clamping and THEN i would shape everything to specs?

I would have never thought of that! It might work, it seems like it would, but again wait for more responses. Good luck, if nobody has tried that maybe you should try it just to see if it would work. Maybe not on this project, but on some scrap or something, again sounds like it would work but I have no idea for sure! Good Luck! Jason

I too, have access to some CNC equiptment, but I used it only for making templates. I did not want my project to be totally "machine made". I designed the templates myself in CAD then cut the templates from 1/4" hardboard. Then I used a bandsaw,router, and alot of sanding to make what I needed. the shaping came out really well. It's the finishing that is making me crazy. Soon I'll have some pics to post.