Using A Large Block Of Nylon To Block Off A Trem

i got my hands on a large block of nylon to block off my schaller tremolo. im wondering though, will a big piece of nylon have a bad effect on the tone , sustain and general sound of the guitar?? was i better to look for a bit of teak or other hard wood?i thought nylon would be easier to work with as it can be filed into the perfect shape and size which is a little more difficult with wood.

Nylon, IMO will absorb the vibrations from the trem block. Will not sound worst, but it will not improve the tone. Try a piece of the same wood the guitar is made, (ash, maple. alder...) IMO it will be better. On the sustain, I don't think that nylon is much softer than wood, so I think it will be improved a bit.

Guest gsrguitars
a "sonic sponge".

We've had Spongebob, we've had Sonic... and you just created the next big thing, way bigger than the crazy frog dah da dah it's "Sonic Sponge!".

Someone make the cartoon please.

Tee!

G

Guest gsrguitars
Actually, it is a contraceptive for musicians, patent-pending. :D

Not quite as effective as a full-time job, but clinically proven to be 89% effective, when used properly.

Percentage of Musician's using it properly... .01%.

:D

Actually, it is a contraceptive for musicians, patent-pending. laughhard.gif

Not quite as effective as a full-time job, but clinically proven to be 89% effective, when used properly.

Well you have to ask yourself, is it sponge worthy?