Are You Afraid?

Kevan

As a ProjectGuitar.com Forum member, are you afraid to speak up on the forum for fear of being suspended or banned from the site?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cool It's All cleard Up now And im free to Repost But I have desided not to

Because Drak Is right!!

You know, I was looking at the question again, then reading the posts, and I noticed something...

The poll is for basically being afraid to post -for fear of being banned or suspended-.

Which, really, is ridiculous. Getting banned or suspended around here is pretty freakin' rare. Extremely rare actually.

BUT, It says nothing about not posting for fear of being humiliated or harassed, which seems to be more addressed in the posts than actually the fear of suspension or being banned.

Just sorta noticed that, and there is a -distinct- difference between those 2 issues.

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just seems like there are a few people here (Perry, Drak, Wes etc) that come down (sometimes rightly) quite hard on people.  But then, what I think is the major problem, is the torrent of other peoples posts repeating what the established members have said.  Sometimes it just seems like a playground with the little insecure ones tagging onto the bigger boys, doing what they do and saying what they say.  In some cases, this has got more out of hand and people have been followed around the boards constantly having people on their backs.

Look at the Litchfield thread and how out of hand that got.  There were people posting in it that never knew Litch when he was here, all piping up with their own opinion.

Exactly my criticism...some people tag along, or indeed imitate the "persona" without the knowledge, skill and experience to back it up...

If, the three members mentioned, seem to come down a little hard at times...I believe that they've earned some license to (and it's not by their number of posts, or how long they've been here)...And, I believe there is a need for someone to do so at times...But that someone is not me, that's for sure...I'm no expert in finishes, I can give an opinion on my personal aesthetics from time to time, maybe some ideas I've thought about...and I've learn't a bit about sustainer's...but really that's about it...

And as for those who just can't leave the forum they couldn't care less about being a part of...quit trying to be a part of it...this thread is not about you, your tantrum is a dot in the history of PG...you came, you went (well at least some who say they'll go, actually have the decency to keep to there own convictions...even if it is that PG is a terrible place to visit...and stay gone)...

I hope you realise that if it weren't for Drak posting a Link...I wouldn't even know who you were...***guitars...I've been a very active regular here for years...that's how important your episode is...

And had you run for GOTM and "lost" to some newbie first time builder (it happens) would you have reacted any differently to this...it's a vote by the members of PG...look at the way the voting goes and the comments given...look at this month (august'05), some fabulous and diverse entries...there will only be one winner (or possibly a tie, I guess)...I bet none of them jump up and down like you're doing, claiming there's is more worthy than the other's...dispite it being a competion judged by peers...

Of course there's going to be contoversy over whether a committee built, factory guitar should be able to enter...I have my own feelings about that, and they are quite separate from the views of the forum, believe me...however I don't make the decisions, and I certainly don't control the discussion (neither do Drak, Perry, Wes, Kevan, or anybody else here)...of course it's a controversial matter, and there will be some debate about it...and in the end, as a result of this debate...you pulled out (as I understand it)...

The event could have been healthy...but for your reactions, I would have eventually have found out and added my 0.02c that may, actually, have aided your cause...but you denied me the opportunity by the way you did, and continue to react....

And BTW...your not the first to have changed their name here 'cause (presumably) they don't wish to associate themselves with their previous threads and wish to start over...with the person I'm thinking of, that's exactly what they're doing...starting over (again)...but you're just going over and over and over....things a little quiet on your own forum, all those other forums you say you're a part of got jack of you too...do something useful for yourself, build yourself a guitar, it will give you some pride and humility that apparently you're sorely lacking...it's very theraputic...

psw

...I'll defer on this one, I'm new! will vote when i get a feel for the place. Nice to see a forum where the admins are asking their members though, good idea.

But, gotta ask - why did 2 people get banned during this thread?

Curious is all, reading around this forum seems I joined at the right time... the calm after some storm...

Rock on,

Obi.

...I'll defer on this one, I'm new!  will vote when i get a feel for the place.  Nice to see a forum where the admins are asking their members though, good idea.

Thanks. We try to be as helpful as possible.

But, gotta ask - why did 2 people get banned during this thread?

The two bannings you see in this thread are accounts setup by a previously banned member. The accounts have since been deleted.

This thread is annoying. Someone should close it.

Your wish is my command.

I'll actually probably delete this entire thread and start a new one soon. If you have a post here that you're fond of, copy/paste it into an email to yourself. You've got some time; I'll do it in the next week or so.

Sorry folks, but it's gotta go.

THREAD CLOSED.