Pickup Selection

haggardguy

Hey everybody, I know theres alot of questions about pickups around here but I have one(and I've researched and i know exactly what I'm looking for so I was hoping you guys would help.)

I have a guitar routed hum-sing-hum and I have cheapo pickups for it right now because I'm doing it on the cheap, but I've decided to ask about upgrading the bridge pickup to something better. I've been looking at the Duncan Custom, The Duncan Distortion and the Duncan JB. I want smooth highs that aren't harsh, I want a fair size midrange, I don't want it scooped and a noticable but not huge bottom end. I read all the reviews on Harmony central but they either don't know what they're talking about or they all have differeing opinion on some issues. I also want to be able to hit pinch harmonics fairly easy because I can play pinch harmonics because of done them easily on other guitars before but on my current main guitar I always have a hard time hearing them. I want to be able to play metal but also bring it down for classic rock style songs and I don't want it to be too bright. A short list of bands I play would be..

Iron Maiden(hot rails)

Judas Priest(EMG)

Metallica(EMG)

Megadeth(JB)

Guns and Roses(Alnico 2 pro i think?)

Van Halen (custom wound bastardized pickup)

If I can't get all of this in one of those pickups,or any pickup it would be much appreciated if someone could give me another suggestion or a suggestion out of those pickups.

Thanks, Spencer.

:D Hi,

A few possibilities for you - Duncan SH-1 bridge is great for what you've described, also the Bartolini ZBS80 is very good, along with the Gibson 500TPeace,

Dave

Hey everybody, I know theres alot of questions about pickups around here but I have one(and I've researched and i know exactly what I'm looking for so I was hoping you guys would help.)

I have a guitar routed hum-sing-hum and I have cheapo pickups for it right now because I'm doing it on the cheap, but I've decided to ask about upgrading the bridge pickup to something better. I've been looking at the Duncan Custom, The Duncan Distortion and the Duncan JB. I want smooth highs that aren't harsh, I want a fair size midrange, I don't want it scooped and a noticable but not huge bottom end. I read all the reviews on Harmony central but they either don't know what they're talking about or they all have differeing opinion on some issues. I also want to be able to hit pinch harmonics fairly easy because I can play pinch harmonics because of done them easily on other guitars before but on my current main guitar I always have a hard time hearing them. I want to be able to play metal but also bring it down for classic rock style songs and I don't want it to be too bright. A short list of bands I play would be..

Iron Maiden(hot rails)

Judas Priest(EMG)

Metallica(EMG)

Megadeth(JB)

Guns and Roses(Alnico 2 pro i think?)

Van Halen (custom wound bastardized pickup)

If I can't get all of this in one of those pickups,or any pickup it would be much appreciated if someone could give me another suggestion or a suggestion out of those pickups.

Thanks, Spencer.