• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would be nice if there was a "THUMB" button, it could be a combination of the IMG and HTTP buttons, you put in a direct link to the full size image, and the only thing that shows on the forum is a 150 x 150 scaled version of the pic. click on the thum and a blank ( no add page ) pops up to show the full size pick

some forums have a similar but flawed feature, they often require you upload the pic to the forum, and often have a KB size limit,

a thumb button would have no hassle, no manual resizing saving every image twice, moving your pics from this site to that site, bla bla bla.. just a simple button. I'm no programmer though so maybe that button isn't as easy as it sounds.

man, talk about kicking the same dead horse, the point in this post when I started was, FOLLOW THE *$@(^&( RULES!!!!!!!

To me the solution is simple, be like so many other boards out there, follow the rules or get a vacation, break them again and bye bye.

I would nearly bet money that if we allow thumbnails people will still break the rules the exact same way because if they're to lazy to just put in the links, or people are to lazy to click a link, there's no way they're going to go through the work of making it a thumbnail. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been watching the forum closely enough and seeing how people treat the rules on here regarding pictures.

This post has become pointless, the solution is simple, follow the rules or pay the consequence (that sounds harsher than I mean it). When you were in school if you got caught passing a note, or whatever you got detention right? Problem with a message board such as this, is many members feel it's their god given right to do whatever they want to do regardless of the rules. If you want a forum where you can do anything, go start your own, wait and see how long that lasts, just ask another "pro builder" (sarcasm) who used to be on project guitar how well that worked for him.

Bottom line, do I agree with the picture rules on here, not really, it's the only forum I've ever been on that has that rule, will I follow it, yes....... why? because I enjoy coming here, or at least I used to, but I'm getting kind of tired of a lot of things going on here lately. 99% of which could be corrected if rules were followed and if they were broken the guilty parties suspended/banned/tarred and feathered/caned, whatever.

Just my 2 cents.

That's your $.02, now here's mine:

You think this thread is a headache. It wouldn't have become a headache had you not started it. People(including yourself) complain of how we don't talk about guitars enough; I agree, we don't. However, you have cluttered the board with more useless jabber by posting this thread at all.

This thread is just silly, someone should close it.

Oh for god's sakes. So I shouldn't say anything and just let the rules continue to get further broken to the point that I don't even feel like reading posts anymore? Sorry, when I have to read through a post that has the same damn picture quoted in every other post I get sick of seeing it. My last post in this thread was to reiterate what the thread started out as! Follow the fricken rules! So hey, it's cool, you can make me out to be the bad guy for this thread, quite frankly I don't give a rats ass about that, but I'm getting sick and tired of the lenience given to people who break the rules. I don't think I was raised in a strict household, but I knew damn well that if I broke the rules I'd be punished, so why should it be taken with such an easy going attitude all the time. Funny thing about this thread, it wouldn't have been started if a certain somebody had followed the rules in the first place :D

i agree with lgm...we have the rules,they need to be enforced,and they should be followed...

garehanman...i find it ironic that you call this thread "useless jabber" and at the same time you ae posting in it,you are saying we should talk more about guitars...

so go talk about guitars...that thread lgm posted about in the first place was,in fact,a COMPLETE disgrace.and the more i delete and edit pics,the more the pics that you guys post need to be edited and deleted.

I didn't see the thread in question, but from what's been said in this one, it must've been done on purpose, no? Re-quoting a whole picture when quoting? Anyone who does that should get a warning and then a vacation. I agree on that one.

I also agree that with thumbnails, people will still break the rules. And when they do, they should be given a warning-- but I suspect that it wouldn't take long before the regulars would be the ones to say, "Hey, farknut567, you need to read the rules for picture posting and fix your post."

When I started talking about the thumbnails, I didn't imply and WOULDN'T try to imply that the rules wouldn't continue to get broken. But since the same thing would apply to the rule-breakers (warning then vacation) regardless of the picture posting rules, I think that changing those rules in general could have been an improvement to the forum's way of doing things. My first post on the subject was simply, "Hey, it gives me an opportunity to talk about thumbnails," not "Thumbnails would fix this."

Greg

I agree with LGM... although perhaps this post detracts away from talking about guitars, if picture rules arent inforced properly, people will get annoyed and then the flaming starts and ooh its a vicious circle

Also GregP.. your right, regardless of what the mods say, the rules will stil be broken BUT like you say, i dont think itd be long before regulars begin to "push" newbies towards the rules such as we do at the moment

~~ Slain Angel ~~