Grounding Pots

b5111987

Rub the area on the pot to be soldered with sandpaper. "Tin" the ends of your wires beforehand. ie. heat the end of the wire and apply solder so it whickers in throughout the strands. I like to use lots of solder for pots. Hold the "tinned" wire firmly on the pot's surface with the soldering iron in one hand and needle nosed pliers, off to the side, in the other hand until the solder melts and spreads out a bit. Remove the soldering iron but keep applying pressure with the pliers until the solder sets.

Edited by Southpa

Rub the area on the pot to be soldered with sandpaper.  "Tin" the ends of your wires beforehand.  ie. heat the end of the wire and apply solder so it whickers in throughout the strands.  I like to use lots of solder for pots.  Hold the "tinned" wire firmly on the pot's surface with the soldering iron in one hand and needle nosed pliers, off to the side, in the other hand until the solder melts and spreads out a bit.  Remove the soldering iron but keep applying pressure with the pliers until the solder sets.

thanks i thought you had to do something like that but wasnt sure

yeah,just give it a surface to stick to,i used a small craft knife,and just made a star shape,

have u fixed it?

yeh i roughed it up woth sandpaper then i i got a craft knife and made diagonal lines accross it aswell and it worked fine

i had to do it on the side of the pot though cause its two pots in one but on the top there not really any metal so i did it on the side