Switching Between Amps

kh15

okay right now i have one amp but im going to pick my new marshall up tommow and im wondering if i can switch between amps while i play like right now i have my pedals running into my one amp but when i get my new one can i want to be able to switch between amps but still have the pedals in effect? sorry if i dident explain it well

Morley, SignalFlex...I'm sure Carvin sources a pretty good one too. They're pretty simple so I think you'd be hard pressed to find a bad one. It helps if it has a battery-check light too.

I use one to switch between guitars and occassionaly to switch between effect chains.

i got the morley aby switch and when i switch to just my marshall i get a nasty hum from that crappy laney but when i switch to the laney and the marshall is no on its totally silent so its just the crappy amp but oh well

Even "non-crappy" amps will do that to you! :D

:D Reread Paul's post above about ground loops - and get rid of that rubbish Morley. Like he said, it's gonna take an isolated box to make it work, and you're not going to be able to pick one up for $50.00. Check out the Lehle amp switcher, The Pete Cornish A/B/mute pedal and the Radial JX2 Switchbone (among others) - that's the kind of A/B box you'll need to use two amps. If it doesn't have either isolated outputs or a ground lift, you're not going to be able to reliably switch amps with it, period.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have to go over to Mass Street Music and check it out...I only live about a half-hour away from Lawrence.

It's Friday, I ain't got no job, and I ain't got s*** to do, so I'm going to Lawrence to check out the Pete Cornish A/B box!!

If gas isn't too expensive, that is :D