Buy Or Make?

Hughes

What should I do for my first guitar?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yeah so my budget for my guitar is fairly low, thats why i would get a bRonze series, but then if i finish my current guitar, i will have "not so good" parts such as

Emg Select Humbuckers and economy tuners and what not but its made from pure maple...im in a awkward situation tho, since if i buy the Mockingbird, i will be happy i have a BC Rich, but if i finish mine, i can say "i made my own"

also, if you wouldnt mind putting why you put a certain answer, that would help me alot to

Edited by Hughes

Buy.

The very first thought in your thread was "budget" and there's no way you can make a guitar like that at that quality for less than you can buy it off the rack.

The only way you can save money by scratch building is if you're going completely custom, which is why most people here build.

Well, this forum is aimed at building guitars. I build guitars not to just have a guitar as a result. Hell, I got way more guitars than I really need. :D I like to experience the process of building, smell the freshly cut wood, and gain more expertise at using my tools. If you just want a guitar to play, then by all means, buy one. We all have our reasons.

Go ahead and save up for the Bronze Mockingbird. You will have a good guitar to play and practice with and you won't have to deal with the results of your first fretjob, nutjob (:D), and trussrod.

When you build your guitar, save up for quality parts that make it worth building. Why build something you aren't going to feel good playing? Nobody likes a trailer queen.

its just that i am really having a hard time getting the money i need for the real BC Rich...i find a good deal on ebay then of course i get over bid...my parents wont lend me the money i need even though i swore i would pay them back...

not like finishing my project would take long either...body is all cut out, i have had lots of practice making necks and thats no problem...just needs pickup routs and control cavity...i got to find something to do with that neck pocket tho

Edited by Hughes

true...i actually posted a few "Want To Buy" ads so maybe someone will come through...or theres a $99 blem mockingbird on ebay that never sold the first time and ends in 23 hours that i might try and re-paint it

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...