Replacing Tunomatic Bridge Studs.....

i wish i could do that, it would make life easier. but, my friend is going for the nickel color scheme, and the new bridge poles dont fit in the old studs, threads are a different size. on my sg, i got a roller bridge and the bridge studs were tiny so i tapped them into the old bridge studs. worked great. also made life easier......

I'm afraid that would permantly glue them in place. It would be nice to have them removable just in case 10 years down the road if they need to be replaced again for some reason.

From the sounds of it, you are going to have to glue wood dowels in the old holes and then redrill new ones.

i've never done this so i don't know if it would hold properly but the first thing that came to mind was to buy a roll of teflon tape, wrap the old studs as many times as needed to make them the proper size and see if they're tight enough to hold the bridge. i know it's sort of red neck but at least i didn't suggest duct tape. :D

You might try taking a piece of veneer, cutting it to length, then cutting it so that you make a 'circle' out of it, then gluing it in the hole, it just might take up enough room to make things work.

Like a veneer 'wrap', to close the hole in a little.

Just a thought.

PS, wetting it will make it more flexable to go in the hole easier...just another thought.