Weddington Neck

Howdy all! I'm a Newbie to this site and a wannabe luthier. I've started planning a project based on Yamaha's Weddington...Yeah I know, pretty difficult for a first guitar! I briefly had one to get some dimensioning from and have cut the body and neck blank so far. I was unable to take the neck pick-up off to get a look at the join though. Does anyone out there have any info in this regard!!??

Best regards :D:D

Hi there, welcome to the forums :D

Having not actually heard of the Yamaha Weddington before you brought it up, I can't give you any real information, but just incase you hadn't seen this already, I found this with Google:

http://www.johnbmorris.com/weddington.htm

The rear photos show a slightly different sort of set-neck to the one they used on their AES models... maybe that will help a bit?

Cheers,

- Dan

The Weddington was my lust-after guitar for years and years. I had it as a saved search on eBay, but suitable models never seemed to come up for the right price. Hope the project takes shape for you; I'd love to see one being built!

Greg

• 3 weeks later...