My Next Two Projects

these are a few pics of my next few projects. one i know is a coral hornet with three lipstick style pickups and the worst bridge ive ever seen. the second is a guitar i just got today at a flea market for $15 and i think(not too sure) is a silvertone/harmony.

lets see some pics.

coral body

coral head

unknown body

unknown head

the coral its self needs a new finsih and just about every screw hole filled and redrilled. i was thinging about getting a bridge convert but the guy in the guitar shop told me to go to hell and not mess with it. the coral also has a 2 in chunk chipped out of the neck on the bottom side near the 15th fret. (i think some wood puttty and some love will fix that.)

the other one needs a new bridge and one new pot to be sure. the pickup

unknown pickup

im not sure if it works i havent jacked in yet.

i also would like to know if any one could tell me what the name of this type of bridge is. there is one like the one i need on a silvertone guitar on ebay here

thanks for looking and comming im sure more will come.

Edited by Jera Woden

i also would like to know if any one could tell me what the name of this type of bridge is. there is one like the one i need on a silvertone guitar on ebay here

Huh. I thought Silvertone was a Danelectro subbrand for the dreck they churned out for Sears in the 1960s...the one in the ebay ad looks like the typical awful Japanese garbage from the same era

So does that second body you bought.

The bridge on the Coral looks like a Danelectro bridge too (hard to tell--you'd need to give a closeup). Does it look like this?

that bridge is pretty close but mine looks like it has a place for a bolt on term bar.

as for the jap trash- yes they both are. both made in japan. i havnt identified the second one yet but the bridge on the ebay one is the basic type ill need for this one. it looks like a tuneomatic but instead of studs it has a bar with two screws on the bottom.(i dont have the bridge for this guitar.)

the coral right now carries a vintage value from $500 to $1500 (maybe not mine) but i could make and ok chunk of change from a free guitar. im not sure if i want to sell it yet cause it has a very fat sounding set up.

coral silvertone samik kay harmony teisco and a bunch of others did a lot of copies of gibsons and fenders from the 50's till the brand wars in the late 70's and most of them are danelectro subbrands from japan.

Edited by Jera Woden