Best Semi-hollow Bucker

verhoevenc

I was wondering if anybody has any ideas about which pickups would do best in a semi-hollow that's slightly hollower than a tele thinline, but not quite full hollow archtop style, and not give to much feedback, and have a nice crunch under some distortion?

Like... a rock hollowbody.

Chris

:D Hi,

I've used everything from Rio Grande Texas and BBQ hums to Harmonic Design Vintage Plus to Seymour Duncan SH-1n, SH-1b, and SH-4. As the previous poster stated, it all depends on the style you're going for.

Peace,

Dave

I was wondering if anybody has any ideas about which pickups would do best in a semi-hollow that's slightly hollower than a tele thinline, but not quite full hollow archtop style, and not give to much feedback, and have a nice crunch under some distortion?

Like... a rock hollowbody.

Chris

If you want punk and hard rock, look for Duncan's Distortion Mayhem set--two Duncan Distortion humbuckers.

If you want versatility, try either a Duncan Custom/'59 combo or the JB/Jazz combo. If you use a wooly-enough distortion pedal you shouldn't have a problem with playing punk and you'll still have a guitar that's useful for other things besides power chords.