Used Rp2000 Effects Processor

Hughes

hey, i seen an ad in the Buy and Sell for a Digitech RP2000 for $50...the only thing wrong with it is the volume pedal is broken and doesnt work...so, would it still be worth it to buy it, and would that be an easy fix? thanks

It depends on what "broken" means. If it's just the pot inside, that may take a while to tear the unit apart and replace the pot. If it's some sort of circuit problem, it could take days to figure it out if you don't know what you're doing.

In any case, if you can still use the effects but not the expression pedal, it may be worth it, although I'd never buy a DigiTech unit myself. They're nothing but buckets of solder.

It depends on what "broken" means. If it's just the pot inside, that may take a while to tear the unit apart and replace the pot. If it's some sort of circuit problem, it could take days to figure it out if you don't know what you're doing.

In any case, if you can still use the effects but not the expression pedal, it may be worth it, although I'd never buy a DigiTech unit myself. They're nothing but buckets of solder.

i own an rp-3 pedal and have had to make and tie in new foot switches for it, but would not let it go for anything! i think for the money to replace it with something compairable today it is a great unit. the closest thing i have found to it as far as versatality, tone quality, and user interface is the TC electronics processor which is actually a rack mount unit that is much more costly and difficult to setup. :D

That's the problem with DigiTechs. The footswitches aren't worth crap. I've never had a problem with the footswitches on my Boss processor, neither have my friends, and we've all been gigging with them for years. All I've seen the DigiTech units do is fall apart at the wrong time.

But hey, if it works for you, who am I to tell you to throw it away? I like Chevys, but that doesn't mean you have to sell your Ford.

They're selling for over $300 new, and Ebay prices have been about $200, so it's not a bad deal - heck, the delays, reverbs and the compressor/gate and EQ sections are probably worth 50 bucks by themselves. I'd go for it! Even if the pedal can't be repaired, it's a powerful general audio processor, and you can always patch in a volume pedal after the output.