Chamber The Body?

does chambering the body of a guitar really affect the sound, I know it creates more feedback, but other than that is there a difference? I dont care much about the weight of the guitar, it has never been a problem, so should I still do it?

:D Hi,

In my experience, the chambered body gives a lot more acoustic resonance to the unplugged guitar. My local physics guy says that that, in turn, changes the way the string vibrates through its arcs and alters the sound slightly. Is this true? Don't know for sure, but I've made amny solid body guitars and then changed only the body to being chambered while leaving everything else the same. The chambered ones always sound a bit more "full". Then again, maybe I'm full of it!!

Peace,

Dave :D

does chambering the body of a guitar really affect the sound, I know it creates more feedback, but other than that is there a difference? I dont care much about the weight of the guitar, it has never been a problem, so should I still do it?