Binding Problem

hello everybody,i would like to have a little info on how to get rid of the duco i used to install the binding on my solid body,i sanded it ,but as i was putting the dye on the maple ,i could see some spotts really stand out as non staining ,i am really having a lot of trouble with binding ,it didnt seem that hard before i decided to go for it,is there anything i can do to get rid of those glue traces? acetone maybe?would it hurt the binding?or should i just try a sunburst to hide all that,i would really appreciate some help in here ,i am just a begginer,than you!!

I apologize ,ithink i should have posted this somewhere else,sorry.

Edited by olyen

i would probably take a small scraper..xacto knife, flat piece of glass, etc..and carefully scrape all around the guitar..both the top and side and then sand again. glue will typically soak into the wood just a bit as well as stand on the top. that's why it's still there when it looks like it's gone.

good luck.

Yeah, scrape. The binding surface will also look better when you scrape, compared to sanding. I use those razor blades with the rolled "handle" on one side. You want to hold it at an angle where you just get thin shavings of wood, without digging into the grain. Try to scrape at a slight angle along the grain, and definitely not across it. Takes a little practice (use scrap!) but you get a good result.

thanks a lot guys,i guess i ll scrape that binding,i was was onl hoping for a miracolous way to get raid of those glue traces but i guess there is none,also i ll need to be more careful next time i do binding and hold the binding really tight on the groove cause this came out really bad and i have a lot of gaps,anyways live and learn ,y plan are to make plenty guitars,it s a disease already, so my nxt binding will be better,thanks for yor support. :D