Woops, Did I Screw This Up?

i am painting a light ash flying v style guitar body that i cut and contoured and have come to a problem. i did not seal the body, figuring i could prime the body with 2 cans of primer, sanding the grain out with each coat. now i am in the painting stages, and have painted about 1/2 a can's worth of paint, yet the grain is still visible. did i screw this thing up or is there hope?

Edited by Rhoads369

It will take about one or mabye two more cans but you will be able to fill the grain eventually. It may or may not be easier to sand down and fill. Either way will work (I think. I've done it both ways and both turned out great but mabye thers some other problem that hasn't crept up on me yet).

It will take about one or mabye two more cans but you will be able to fill the grain eventually.  It may or may not be easier to sand down and fill.  Either way will work (I think.  I've done it both ways and both turned out great but mabye thers some other problem that hasn't crept up on me yet).

i was planning on finishing up the one can i was using, and was going to put on dots and paint blue to do a Rhoads Sandoval v type finish so i am going to be using a lot of paint anyways, plus some of the grain was filling up where i had put more paint. even if it does shrink and be visible, i dont think it'll matter too much to me