Bridge Position

Quote "from the nut to the 12th fret is 12.75", as it is from the 12th fret to the bridge. that's how they get the 25.5 inch scale. if you were to leave the bridge where it is, the intonation would be screwey, and it'd never play really in tune. "

I am about to route out the pickup cavities on my first build. I have the neck cavity routed and the neck temp. taped in postion. According to the quote above from a previous thread the 12.75" from the 12th fret to the bridge gives you the 25.5" scale. I am using a premade bridge plate with a humbucker. Is the bridge considered to be the saddles? I penciled my cutouts on the body and I only have 2 3/4" center to center between the two humbuckers. It does not look right...

Move all the saddles as far forward as possible without risk of the screws falling out, now mark the scale lenghts from the front edge of the nut all the way down the neck and on to the body and draw a line square to that line. Put the bridge on the body with the front edge of the saddles (take off point of the saddles)on that line. This gives you plenty of room to move the saddles back to intonate properly. Maybe some one has a diagram.

Good Luck