Wah Pedal With No Sound

slayer63636

first it was my amp now my wah pedal. i have a modded dunlop crybaby. i was about to use it and when i steped on it to engae it nothing. it has a LED and that didnt turn on. at first i thought it was the 3pdt switch but when i replaced it nothing. i looked inside and all seem fine. dose any one have any idea on what it could be?

First of all, what did you mod? One of the things you did was to add an LED, right? Are you sure that it's installed correctly? If it's in backwards, it will block the flow of current, and nothing will happen because your power supply is shorted out. Do you get sound in bypass mode?

check electrolytic caps

i hve the true bypass mod, an LED and some various resistors wither tooken out or changed in value.i dont think its the LED sicne it was working fine fro the last 4 months or so but thats when i modded it. i havent changed or played with anything insde. also what do the electrolytic caps look like and how would i know that they need to be repalced?

i hve the true bypass mod, an LED and some various resistors wither tooken out or changed in value.i dont think its the LED sicne it was working fine fro the last 4 months or so but thats when i modded it. i havent changed or played with anything insde. also what do the electrolytic caps look like and how would i know that they need to be repalced?

There should be two: a 4.7uF and a 100uF. See the right side of this pic for how they look:

Caps.jpg

The electrolytic cap(s) crossed my mind, but I wasn't sure that would be it...

i checked then and they seem fine and they got a strong reading on the mulitmeter so thats one possibility gone, im thinkin it could be the resistor thats connected to the LED and acts as its power source.

Even if your LED wasn't getting power, it doesn't explain the behaviour of the rest of the circuit... :D

good news: i grabed my multi meter and went thru and tested all the resistors and everything esle. antways i found that one of the capasitors was not getting a reading. there are 2 of em that are identical in size and shape and the numbers on them. one of them got a good rating and the other one didnt get a reading at all. im gonna try and swap it out with a new one and if thats the case i might as well put in the other one so both are new. im not sure if this is whats wrong but im gonna give it a shot

good news: i grabed my multi meter and went thru and tested all the resistors and everything esle. antways i found that one of the capasitors was not getting a reading. there are 2 of em that are identical in size and shape and the numbers on them. one of them got a good rating and the other one didnt get a reading at all. im gonna try and swap it out with a new one and if thats the case i might as well put in the other one so both are new. im not sure if this is whats wrong but im gonna give it a shot

Let us know if that turns out to be the culprit. :D

that was not it. im not sure what it is but im gonna sell it as a "project" item on ebay. with my job and life itself i have no time to try and fix it. all the resistors are getting a reading on the multi meter and the 3dtp switch is new. its set up for a LED and it has an adjustible gain know on the outside. if ur intrester send me a message and wel talk.

thank you all who have helped me.

I suspect something is not wired correctly. Having fixed several wah projects on ebay, that's usually what the problem boils down to.

I'm interested in helping you out, or buying the project off you. I could also do the job for you and send it back if you like. Where are you located. PM me if you would rather.