Nicest Gotm I've Seen In A Long Time

Woah! GOTM this month is mental everyone is just insane and wish i could vote for em all but 2 are standing out a bit further than the rest for me i think my vote may be on the toss of a coin!

Im scared to finish mine to enter next month now but i will any way (if life doesnt get in the way!)

T

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah! GOTM this month is mental everyone is just insane and wish i could vote for em all but 2 are standing out a bit further than the rest for me i think my vote may be on the toss of a coin!

Im scared to finish mine to enter next month now but i will any way (if life doesnt get in the way!)

T

I like cud's - for the finish, his thread on it has been excellent! Although Perry's guitar is sweet but i'm not sure I should vote for it because strictly it was built a while ago - hmm i'm torn :-)

I should have mine finished for Octobers GOTM although looking at Draks i'm thinking I should not bother :-)

Ok Drak All I know Is that It must be One Of these!! I mean Come On man I need To know So I can Plan out my GOTM counterattack :D

Mr. Quilty

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...topic=18156&hl=

Mr. Purpleheart

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...topic=17646&hl=

Blue Lacewood Rhoads V

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...topic=17347&hl=

Started A New Guitar Today...

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...opic=16679&st=0

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Although Perry's guitar is sweet but i'm not sure I should vote for it because strictly it was built a while ago

???? what do you mean by that??

:D

If i enter a guitar that was started this year, people dont vote because "im a pro" and if i enter a "pre-pro" guitar, people say they arent voting because "its old"...

If i enter a guitar without sound samples, people complained that they couldnt "hear it", and when i posted songs written by the clients after recieving their new guitars, people complain ive got an "unfair advantage"...

:D:D

Wheres the emoticon with the smilie bashing his head against the wall??

B)

Although Perry's guitar is sweet but i'm not sure I should vote for it because strictly it was built a while ago

???? what do you mean by that??

:D

If i enter a guitar that was started this year, people dont vote because "im a pro" and if i enter a "pre-pro" guitar, people say they arent voting because "its old"...

If i enter a guitar without sound samples, people complained that they couldnt "hear it", and when i posted songs written by the clients after recieving their new guitars, people complain ive got an "unfair advantage"...

:D:D

Wheres the emoticon with the smilie bashing his head against the wall??

B)

Chill out perry, seems you have a few issues there my friend

B)

All I meant was that from what you have said the guitar was completed a while ago and just needed some lacquer on it, whereas there are guitars that are just being finished recently hence they are in the guitar of the month, if your guitar was in an overall 'best build' then i'm sure I would vote for it - maybe i've got some strange logic going on, but either way, please don't be offended by what I said, I think your guitars are top notch whether I vote for them or not.

Nope, none of the above. B)

...Can you say La Grange? :D

Ah HawHawHawHaw... :DB):D

Rumour spreadin' a-'round in that Texas town

'bout that shack outside La Grange

and you know what I'm talkin' about.

Just let me know if you wanna go

to that home out on the range.

They gotta lotta nice girls ah.

Have mercy.

A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.

A haw, haw, haw.

Well, I hear it's fine if you got the time

and the ten to get yourself in.

A hmm, hmm.

And I hear it's tight most ev'ry night,

but now I might be mistaken.

hmm, hmm, hmm.

Ah have mercy.

even so,it is always more work to do a stain than a natural finish...on a natural finish you are just letting the wood do all of the work for you...

well if you have a brilliant piece of wood why ruin it with a horrible colour? i mean come on let the wood do the talking dont try and make it prettier than it is!

T

even so,it is always more work to do a stain than a natural finish...on a natural finish you are just letting the wood do all of the work for you...

well if you have a brilliant piece of wood why ruin it with a horrible colour? i mean come on let the wood do the talking dont try and make it prettier than it is!

T

that doesn't make a natural finish any harder to do.i am just getting a little bored with a bunch of wood colored guitars.it's just my opinion,and all i have done to date have been natural finishes...but there is no denying that it is a whole lot tougher to enhance a piece of wood.

if i were making a table,i would probably leave it natural.some woods need to be left natural imo...such as spalt...

but i am through with wood colored guitars.

i never "take away points" for color choice...that's just silly.as with all "prsonal preferences" i just ignore them...because it is not my guitar.

i personally only care about playability and craftsmanship when i look at another person's guitar...me trying to say a blue guitar sucks because it is blue would be silly,now wouldn't it?

what kind of work and forethought go into a guitar...that's what i care about

i get where you coming from but you cant down grade someone for prefering a natural wood finish just because its easier to do, as you said its personal preference but you will still be more attracted to a colour you prefer for teh GOTM as you cant play these guitars only look... im sure someones said you can look but not touch to me before :D

T

I don't consider natural wood finishes 'easier', unless you're talking about that wiped-on stuff.

I do natural lacquer finishes and they're just as difficult as any other lac finish to get right, sometimes harder, because the light natural color will show any inconsistency in finish.

And only a sucker is completely taken in by a fancy color and doesn't look any further under the hood of the guitar than that. I mean the paint/tint/dye job is certainly one component in judging the quality of a guitar, but there's many other things to look at and judge also :D

in all honesty that wipe on poly stuff is really really easy...

wipe on leave it. add another coat, let it dry, build another coat.

I couldn't imagine putting lacquer over a burl. for what I wanted to do this was great.

do full nitro is hard to come by in terms of time so doing a ntural burl guitar is perfect.