Charvel Model 6

You know, you'd be surprised what you can coax out of a guitar like that with an active Bartolini system. If you put a System 112 in there you would probably have a keeper. You'd find playing with the boost knob addicting. Myself I'd prefer an all Mahogany carved top Soloist, Ebony board. Maybe with a Walnut or Koa top and two hums. But I digress.  :D

That system 112 looks very tempting....... id just hate to spend the money on it to still have this thing be a sloppy turd.

It's money well spent, because you can just move it to another guitar later if you dump the Charvel. You'll never regret owning a system 112. It's great in a Strat, Superstrat, basically anything. It's good enough to enhance a guitar that is lacking, but it also lets the natural tone of a good guitar come through. Usually pickups only do one or the other.

http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/results...olini&x=27&y=11

These guys don't list it but they've already told me they'd order anything that I wanted from Bartolini. They get it from a distributor so there's usually good stock. Allparts is also a Bartolini reseller. I don't know if they'd have the 112 but it's worth asking. There are some other internet dealers too. Bartolini lists these guys on their site too:

http://www.lamusicservices.com/

I'd try that "guitarelectronics" first because I've spoken to them and they seem like great folks.