Guitar Of The Month For September

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wooo hooo I am first to vote...

Impressive month though not as impressive as others.

I think perrys was cool, not a fan of the color though. I did like Godin, Bass was nice too. Stews was neat but not a fan of our justice system...

Good month, Great job everyone.

almost all of the entries this month impress me...i think cud's,southpa's,,phil maloux,and the garehanman all have gorgeous instruments...and at first i wondered how i would choose...but if i use the criteria of which one would I,personally,want to own and play,then it's not even close.

perry's guitar is just too cool...looks like a finely crafted and well balanced instrument with everything taken into account when it was built.

well, 1 piece flame maple body has always been on my list of what my dream guitar should have... Though not with a maple neck :D

Anyways, the burst and everything about Southpa's tele looks great!

And for Rhoads, as usual, i kinda don't like the dyes he uses... Just not my taste...

There are definately some first class instruments being produced by people on this site. I'm amazed....had to vote for the bass thought, great job Phil!

I'm all about The Crucible! I feel that there was more details put into it, with inlays, overall theme, great electronics setup, very nice carve with a unique "launch pad" for the controls which turned out far better than expected, along with many other features. There are so many details but none of them stick out poorly which in my eyes means that the theme and details worked out perfectly, it all flows together so well.

But they are all great guitars, and I would be a proud owner of any of them, and I wish I was a proud owner of any of them! Nice stuff guys! LAter. Jason

Killa Bass! Killa Bass!!

It's the first one I ever wanted to vote for in GOTM. It just has the attitude and look of a true custom.

I was diggin' Godin's entry last month, and the Crucible looks awesome, but the bass just did it for me this month. Rock on, Phil.

I don't play the bass, and that fretboard scares the bloddy crap out of me just looking at it, but that damn bass is RIPPAH GOOD MATE!

:D:DB):DB)

Every guitar here is beautiful, without mentioning them one by one, there was not a crapper in the bunch of them, cheers to everyone!

This was the hardest GOTM in recent memory! Perry's taz oak top, Southpa's grenadine burst, that awesome burl on BigD's axe - not a loser in the bunch! You guys sure didn't make it easy, but I'm a bass player in real life, and Phil's surreal fingerboard on that transcontinental 6-string was enough to tip the scales. Excellent work, all!

I must have stared for at least half an hour at the GOTM thread... My favourites are Perry's, cudbucket's and thegarehanman's. But in the end Phil's bass made it for me. Original, extremely classy, beautiful wood, perfect shaping, custom pickups with wood tops, that special fretboard... A really great instrument. I would have never thought I could/would vote for a bass, but this one made me do it. Stunningly beautiful!

I was thinking about something for a bit, has there ever been a separete Gotm for bass? I figure there hasn't or it was short lived and it was because there is never enough basses. I think maybe if someone started it people might build a few more basses because they would have a good chance of winning if there was only one or two builds in it, and basically it might cause a big increase of people building basses. I know many people would like to be a winner in GOTM, either bass or guitar. Also if it didn't seem like there was enough still maybe give an ultimate title out for the winner of a bass guitar GOTM and a guitar GOTM, like Master Project Luthier. So anyways just thought it might bring in some more bass people and cause more people already here to make a bass or two. Also if it ended up noone entered it, just put the bass entry back into the regular GOTM, I would guess that it would take a few months for the bass GOTM to catch on, but I think it would. Well just an idea that popped into my head. Unfortunately noone would have a chance against Phils bass, but at least people could try. Later. Jason