Jump to content

Post Amp Volume Pot


Recommended Posts

if you wanted to control the volume on a couple of tweeters on an amp could you just put a pot in line and if so would it have to be a special type of pot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do you want to do this? Most people use an EQ to bleed off the highs.

i don't actually..one of my guitar instructors is looking for the perfect sound. :D we've replicated the woofer and tweeters out of an old peavy main and it's reeeely close. he just wants to play with controlling only the tweeters without effecting the woofer. i told him that my concern was fooling with the total impedence..right now we've got it wired with a resistor on the woofer to make the total impedence including the two tweeters match what the amp calls for.

anyway, that's the reason for the question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...