• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listed a tele guitar template that I made. I used these words.

nashville Tele Guitar body blank luthier parts template

Tele is the only word there that is registered to anyone and thats fender. John Marshall, a customer of mine, owner of Luthiers International also listed a tele template. His was cancelled using the VERO program, mine was too.

John emailed me since he had pretty much the same problem and he watches my auctions.

Under the vero program, I got his name as Ron Kirn, Kirn Consulting.

Thats it, I looked up the patent office and trademark office I found nothing.

So who is this guy and how did he get something trademarked that he does not own...

I had an auction for a tele template pulled by that guy a while back. There is also a seller on ebay I have dealt with many times who stopped selling body templates for the same reason, Ron Kirn. He kept pulling there stuff too. The VERO program sucks because all you have to do is register and then you can complain about anything. Ebay asks no questions whatsoever. I could register and pull anything I wanted, easy as that. You don't need to have any proof of anything. From what I found out, this a$$hole sells tele templates and has taken it upon himself to make sure no one else can sell them on ebay. He has absolutely no right to do this obviously but the way the VERO program is set up there is no way to stop him through Ebay. He is essentially claiming ownership of the telecaster shape and the concept of template routing a body. ***? If my auction hadnt been pulled AFTER it ended :D, I would have definately sent him a nasty/threatening email. He's just strongarming people. I would send him an email and tell him you arent going to put up with his crap.

Funny, he doesn't/didn't like VeRO either.

http://tdpri.com/viewtopic.php?p=199771&si...c2c0076a0cab77f

Ronkirn

Required reading for those who are interested.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:48 pm

http://www.forbes.com/manufacturing/2004/0...0622fender.html

Required reading for those who are interested.

There are several issues here.

First is, e-Bays Verified Rights Owner program. VeRo is what e-Bay calls it. Through this arrangement e-bay allows a VeRo member to claimed infringement on any auction being run. They will summarily cancel the auction without verifying if any actual infringement exists. If you are the item lister you are screwed.

E-Bay requires the e-Bay member that was canceled to contact the VeRo member, Fender in this case, to resolve any issues. The VeRo member must notify e-Bay to inform then that everything is now cool. Needless to say Fender doesn’t give a shi* and will not notify e-Bay of a darn thing.

They VeRo whatever they darn well want, knowing there is no recourse for the seller. Fender has become the bully.

For those suggesting they have a right to protect their intellectual property, I wonder if it is in fact theirs. Compare the Stratocaster headstock introduced in 1954 with the Bigsby Merle Travis guitar introduced in 1947. The similarity is overwhelming.

Yes, Nash Guitars does indeed deserve our support.

Ron Kirn

I guess he decided to start using it himself. Checking his user historty, he's been active there as of a few days ago. :D Also, his contact info is contained in his domain registration. Want to see a sattelite image of his house/neighborhood?

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

What a jerk. Looks like that guy thinks he has an old market cornered. Roast that guy Big D.

Rich

P.S. His insites into construction are amazing.

A one piece body means glue joints will not dull the tone. Glue is not resonant. Each glue joint is a sonic barrier to the string vibrations. Do not let any one kid you. An electric guitar is as much an acoustic instrument as a violin. The wood is one of the primary components generating the overall voice of the guitar and every major guitar manufacturer is constantly looking for quality light weight lumber for use in their better products. But the other goodies make a difference too

This is important information for the person that is going to buy a $2200.00 plain jane Telecaster clone. :D

so far what i have read that this guy has written makes him sound like yet another ed roman wannabe.

every time i read anything from any "custom builder" in which they start making all of these grandiose,know it all statements,i lose all respect for them.

besides...he has an awful lot of poor spelling and grammar in his auctions.... :D

i prefer when a "know it all" can at least spell it all

From some searching I found this link at GuitarSite.com where someone was talking about Ron Kirn. If it's true or not I do not know. But he does have a site www.ronkirn.com that looks like he's going to have up and running by September like was already mentioned. All I know is that he sells books on Ebay and guitar stuff.

The most ironic thing is that he bought something from bigdguitars not long ago.. now that's wild.. lol

BigD sold to Ron K

Send this message to the fenderlegal membername:

Hello, there is a seller named ronkirn who is posting several items for sale as Stratocaster and Telecaster. Specifically, finished guitars with the Fender logo and templates that are supposedly exact duplicates of Fender guitars. These items do not appear to be made by Fender, but look to be very good quality. Are they made by Fender or authorized replacement parts from Fender? I'm so confused!

Hello, there is a seller named ronkirn who is posting several items for sale as Stratocaster and Telecaster. Specifically, finished guitars with the Fender logo and templates that are supposedly exact duplicates of Fender guitars. These items do not appear to be made by Fender, but look to be very good quality. Are they made by Fender or authorized replacement parts from Fender? I'm so confused!

Here is the web address of a "telecaster" he is selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-TELECASTER-NOT-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I hope that he be bought to justice immediately if these are not real.

sent by "garehans" to "fenderlegal" as of a minute or two ago. :D

EDIT: damn, just noticed that typo...hope that doesn't effect anything

Edited by thegarehanman