• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I wrote to Ken Warmoth, because this guy's trying to peddle his name too...

Here's his response:

"I don’t have any idea who the seller is nor the validity of his claims. If someone was to buy the instrument and then find that it was misrepresented then the issue would be between the two of them, not us. While I can appreciate your concerns, Warmoth is in no position to question the seller’s claims, this is really none of our business what so ever."

why would warmoth want to get involved?warmoth supplies parts to everyone...they don't care what you use thae parts on or whether you add decals to them because all they are doing is selling aftermarket parts.

fender is the only party that should care...

No, read the guy's ad....he never says that the neck is a Warmoth built neck. He merely implies that it is...and that's why Warmoth should be on their toes --if it IS a Warmoth, why doesn't he just say that (actually, he doesn't give the provenance for any of his parts, just talks about how wonderful they are). And if it isn't a Warmoth neck, then he's profiting illicitly from Warmoth's name and trademark.

From my correspondence with him--which ended at last with his statement that we are of two different opinions--I tend to suspect that the neck is NOT a Warmoth neck.

You'd think Warmoth would know if they sold anything to this guy at least.

I don't think it'd make a difference to them if he bought from them or not. Look at it this way, if the buyer of the guitar knew it was a warmoth, then they'd buy from warmoth and not kirn. However, by kirn's sellers going to warmoth, kirn would no longer have a reason to buy from warmoth. Essentially, warmoth would sell no more parts to kirn's customers than they did to kirn. Warmoth doesn't care who they sell to, just that they sell to someone.

I don't think it'd make a difference to them if he bought from them or not. Look at it this way, if the buyer of the guitar knew it was a warmoth, then they'd buy from warmoth and not kirn. However, by kirn's sellers going to warmoth, kirn would no longer have a reason to buy from warmoth. Essentially, warmoth would sell no more parts to kirn's customers than they did to kirn. Warmoth doesn't care who they sell to, just that they sell to someone.

No, no, no. My point is I'm not convinced this IS a Warmoth neck. I think this is just another part of the scam he's running. He knows people will light up over the Warmoth name, that's all.

Hell, I could be wrong. I've been wrong before, and I've survived that.

But my correspondence with the guy gave me the creeps. He's either a shady character or a drug-addled 60s refugee. Neither inspire me with confidence.

I just read through that description again. So he replaced the orginal neck on this Tele because it was "road worn" or something like that. Okay...

Read on and on and on... pontification... I rock and so forth...

Then he replaced the two piece body with a one piece body...

Wait a second... didn't he just make a new guitar here? Who is he kidding?!

i guess you don't see sarcasm either?

Oooooooohhhhhhhhh, don't I look dumb. I thought that sounded a bit off.

It's cool jay, you can be dumb and I can be dumber, I didn't catch it either although it did sound very strange. I guess I was expecting a :D , but maybe the DAYS should have been enough to grab, I dunno :D .

yeah, but he gives it a setup that takes DAYS. Thats the difference.

lmao :D

Maybe he has to rest after turning a screw after a quarter turn. I know that can wear some people out. B)

Well, he IS pretty old...claims to have been working on guitars since the 60s.

And he still doesn't have them set up yet? I'd want my money back if it took that long! :D

*ba dum tish*

Somebody actually bought Ron Kirn's $2400 parts guitar. :D

I'm in the wrong business then. I know that selling guitars can be a tough business, but for $2400 a pop, I'd risk slapping one together and trying it. I just need to be sure that I advertise that I take DAYS to set it up or some other similar BS.

Say something like "most people forget guitars are like fine wine, which mens they need to be aged, luckily this one is one of my rare 1999 stock which is just becoming available now. Aged in barrels for exactly 6 years 10 months 5 days and 27 seconds this guitar is not ready to be played. I have just completed a special setup which took another month and a half, adjusting till absoultely perfect. So bid now!!! buy it now set cheap at $4000"

lmao :D :D