• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe a buddy "won" the auction with no intent to actually buy it...just to make it look as if they were worth the money.as a favor.

I seriously believe stuff like this happens a lot although I have never heard anyone mention it beside you right now. I always had the idea that people have friends bid so they can make more money and like you said to make their products seem like a quality and worth while product by having people see the items go for serious cash. I really thought that happened with that les paul body that was on ebay a few months ago, the one that the guy wanted like 20k for it. :D

Yeah, from the little bit of correspondence I've had with him, this guy is pure slime.

Tell you what people, it'd be easy to shut this guy down, if everyone gangs up on him --start reporting his auctions as the frauds they are --if ebay gets enough complaints, maybe they'll shut them down finally.

And if you're feeling really adventurous, just start bidding on his stuff under false names...he'll be so busy filing claims with ebay, maybe he'll leave legit people like bigd alone.

BigD, I know how much that guy is shafting you, and I know how much it must suck. I wish there was an easier way for your auctions to stay up than by adding that disclaimer though. If I saw that disclaimer in an auction, I'd get a little worried about the seller and probably just move on to another auction. If you just have that auction up to sting Kirn though, good luck. Just my $.02

peace,

russ

Edited by thegarehanman

Be careful calling him out like that. You dont want to get down to his level. Besides, you dont want to give him any fodder to come at you with. See what your complaint gets you and then go from there.

I know you wanna settle this crap with Ron Kirn, but, I think calling him out like that is going to lead to more problems. The best way to settle it was exactly how you were doing it; getting people to list auctions of templates, and when cancelled by him complain to Vero, Ebay or whoever.

I know you wanna settle this crap with Ron Kirn, but, I think calling him out like that is going to lead to more problems. The best way to settle it was exactly how you were doing it; getting people to list auctions of templates, and when cancelled by him complain to Vero, Ebay or whoever.

I would show up at his house...... I aint scared, He needs his a$$ kicked. Thats how we settle stuff in rual parts of Ga. :D

This is my same advise Derek, remember like others already mentioned, you don't want to get down to his level.

This way he won't be able to use it against you latter. The more professional you look, the better. I think that even mentioning him on the auction like you did was a little over the top, (but I guess that being as frustrated as you are now it is understandable), I think that mentioning the VERO on it was more than enough...

Good luck with this...

yea at this point I don't know what to do, I don't care about selling my item really anymore, and I don't want to look stupod, but ebay is clearly off here and its just someone abusing the system.

I realize that ebay is almost of no help here. Its sad, ebay customer service is so poor I am a powerseller and sell all the time and I am getting nothing from them.

There is great wisdom in the old verbage, "know when to pick your fights".

You didn't pick this, you got mad and dragged yourself in, leading by pure emotion.

Any lawyer in the world will tell you all that will do is cost you money in the end, and maybe more (reputation, lost sales, etc.)

You need to ask yourself this one very serious question.

Either you go after him and do it intelligently and maturely (which means cut that bastard off at the knees/take no prisoners) or you back yourself out of the hole you've now dug for yourself, brush yourself off, and go about your business sans selling templates.

So far, your going about it rather amateurishly. Decide which way you're going here, then proceed with full gusto. Either attack him seriously (you better have some $$$'s stashed away), or forget it and move on.

Know when to pick your fights, not all fights are worth the effort. Think it over with your brain, not your emotions, they will make you lose every time, then proceed with full fury and commitment in one direction or the other, don't half-ass it willy-nilly, you will lose, because you are not truly committed to the act. To me, he sounds pretty damn committed to his end of this, be prepared. :D

My personal take is that this is all pretty ridiculous, you have better things to do with your time and money than fight this retard over some stupid templates.

A side note: If you write any letters to any officials about this, I hope to God you use spellcheck before you send them, because I never take anyone who can't even spell too seriously in the first place. :D

I'm not trying to be rude, but I am honest.