Grain Filler Under Nut?

Hey there forum, So I'm getting around to the last portion of my first build. We just glued the neck yesterday. We built up a crude paint booth. I practiced spraying on a twisted piece of birdseye maple...boy the scrathes really come to life when you get a finish down...but I digress... I wanted to ask if it was desireable to pore fill under the nut. My instinct says nothing should be under the nut but naked wood and system 3 epoxy. That would mean attaching the nut before the pore filling, or masking off the nut area before pore filling. Any thoughts?

Of course reading up on the threads on fillers and sealers, lots of you use system 3 as a filler, so there wouldnt be any harm in having a filler layer under the glue layer. However, I am using a paste filler on the mahagony parts. I have the maple top and the rosewood board masked off.

Its been beastly hot here in Pasadena, CA recently, so I wonder how it would even be possible to spread system 3 on a body before it cures on you. On another note, does anyone know where to get lids for the spray gun that stewmac sells? Spare cans? Its made in Taiwan, but has no brand my guess it its quite generic.

Hey there forum,  So I'm getting around to the last portion of my first build.  We just glued the neck yesterday.  We built up a crude paint booth.  I practiced spraying on a twisted piece of birdseye maple...boy the scrathes really come to life when you get a finish down...but I digress... I wanted to ask if it was desireable to pore fill under the nut.  My instinct says nothing should be under the nut but naked wood and system 3 epoxy.  That would mean attaching the nut before the pore filling, or masking off the nut area before pore filling.  Any thoughts?

Of course reading up on the threads on fillers and sealers, lots of you use system 3 as a filler, so there wouldnt be any harm in having a filler layer under the glue layer. However, I am using a paste filler on the mahagony parts.  I have the maple top and the rosewood board masked off. 

Seriously, don't worry about it too much. I'd want to keep the system3 filler out of the nut area, but only because it means less cleanup, assuming you've already got it properly shaped and all. Mask it off if you want to, take you no more than a few secs, and be careful not to glue the masking tape down inadvertently. Alternately, just clean out goops afterwards, won't take long.

It really doesn't matter what kind of finish/not finish/bare wood/filler/sealer is or isn't unde the nut. The strings hold it down, along with a tiny amount of a nice, weak glue. Two tiny dots of CA are probably already overkill, although they'll do fine, elmers or titebond in tiny amounts are also perfectly good materials to use. Removing a nut should be very simple, and require little more than a light tap with a hammer.