Bridge Pickup Idea...

Pr3Va1L

I've seen some pickups on the web (Kramer...) that are basically 2 dual rail pickups stuck togheter. Quad Rails

My idea is basically: Instead of 2 dual rails, put a single rail and a single coil in there. All in series you have a real high output pickup, you can have onlt the dual rail pickup or only the single coil for hum or single sounds... Pretty versatile, no?

Questions:

-how would the all in series sound?

-How close to a real humbucker do rail pickups sound??

Food for tought.

I've seen some pickups on the web (Kramer...) that are basically 2 dual rail pickups stuck togheter. Quad Rails

My idea is basically: Instead of 2 dual rails, put a single rail and a single coil in there. All in series you have a real high output pickup, you can have onlt the dual rail pickup or only the single coil for hum or single sounds... Pretty versatile, no?

Questions:

-how would the all in series sound?

-How close to a real humbucker do rail pickups sound??

Food for tought.

well hammer did a 3 pickup at the bridge about 18 years or so ago. Very nice Korina body and neck.

anyway from what i remember about it. it wasn't too spectacular these were all fullsized pickups so YMMV but when the third coil was on in series it didnt' really help the output or the clarity really it was only good for getting the middle pickup sound since it was full sized thats where it was at the middle but i think you might be on to something there. perhaps. thought try a hex pickup where the single coil would be.

Food for thought.

i have one of the kramer Quads and i like it better than the duncan i was using in my old strat .. sounds more like a dimarzio which is what i like. a little tighter voiced to me.