Filling A Hole

ok, so does anyone know how to repair a drill hole in an already finished guitar. Me and my friend got trigger happy and drilled a hole in the wrong place. The finish is black... so i was thinkin what i would do is wood fill it... then i have some black grain filler to put ofer that... and then put maybe some clear epoxy to seal it... then get a Q-tip full of leftover clear nitro over that... then buff it... would this process work... or is there a better way... he said he doesnt really care about how it looks due to the fact that its an epiphone LP Junior that he got in a kit... but we still wanna make it look as best we can... thanks in advance

Louis

yeah i know that... we just need to fill it.. and if it was at least a shade of black it would look better than just a hole there... would the process im talking about work though?

i moded a les paul and had to fill the switch and two pot holes. i went to home depot they sell these wooden dowels in all different sizes and wood tye. i foundd one a little bigger then the holes that need to be filled and cut it down to the right hieght. i lightly sanded the dowels to a snug fit then used a rubber mallet to inserty them.. turned out really well in my opinion with no need for glue or anything. As far as matching the finish i went to the craft store and bough paint that match the finish pretty close. keep in mind the holes on mine were about 1/4" diameter in my case the paint worked fine.

yeah the same thing happened to me modding it... theyre pot hole that are 1/4".... except i didnt drill all the was through so i think it would be better to use wood filler... but you said just paint worked fine... i might be going to the craft store to them... lol...

yeah the same thing happened to me modding it... theyre pot hole that are 1/4".... except i didnt drill all the was through so i think it would  be better to use wood filler... but you said just paint worked fine... i might be going to the craft store to them... lol...

yup its like $1 a bottle worked ok to me. the color i used was pickup ring creame. i didnt bother trying to match the flame orange on the body(its bare wood now i might put some clear coat on). black should be very easy to match they sell tons of different shades. i did 4 coats, each applied very thinly so u dont get those nasty brush marks. Another tip is gets some of the narrow blue painters tape by 3m i believe, and tape around the area your painting.

Adam