Rp7 Or Gt3

Pr3Va1L

Alright, i`m shopping for an "old" multi effect. Both of these are somewhat cheap...

I've narrowed it down to those 2 because: the RP7 has a tube and is cheaper, and the GT-3 has tons and tons of parameters to change (and to change with the expression pedal, too (i.e. drive, wich the RP7 dosen't have)

They both have every effect i need. Things like chorus and delay are just standard on these kind of things :D Plus they both have an "Harmonist" effect, wich I was looking for.

Ppl say that on both of them the distortion sucks :D

The RP-7 seems easyer to change and create sounds with, but I don't care at all.

Anyways wich do you reccomend??

I love my GT3. I paid $350 new back in 2001. The 5150 patches aren't going to sound exactly like a real cranked 5150, but they sound pretty good anyway. The non-distortion effects, like the Slow Gear, are priceless. It's a good piece of hardware for the discriminating amateur/working man.

I have no experience with Digitech except watching all of my friends' units burn out after a couple years. Only thing worse is Zoom.

Holy crap, I finally played around with those 5150 patches today. Never thought it'd happen, but I finally got Best of Both Worlds to sound like Best of Both Worlds. Kick ass! Just had to tweak the presence, mike position, and scoop the mid a little.

At a gig this weekend, a guy who was the guitar player in their band, but now plays bass, sold me a Boss GT-6 in perfect condition for 100 dollars. He said he needed some beer money for the night because he was flat broke, and he doesn't play guitar anymore, so I ended up buying it after trying it out. I really didn't need it, but for the money I couldn't pass it up. I haven't had a chance to really try it out yet, but it sounded pretty impressive for what I payed. Did I get a good deal?

• 2 months later...

I own the GT-6 and think its a good pedal for recording or studio work. My favorite feature is probably the "master BPM" where it can do delays/phases yadda yadda to a certain BPM. Perhaps my favorite patch on there is 'Run like Hell" where I have the BPM set to 116bpm and a little flange, a little delay with chorus...man its awesome being able to nail that Pink Floyd song.

I used to gig out with mine but the main issue is that you have to be real careful about setting volumes on all the patches so they are the same. Otherwise switching from one patch to another will blow the soundguy and (your reputation) out of the bar. I use a basic 4 pedal setup now but still use the GT-6 as a backup....

oh yeah i painted the entire GT-6 with spray-on black truckbed liner...but that shouldn't surprise most people on this board!

:D