Through Body Guitar

In about 8 months tiem im gonna start buildign an electric guitar, i've never done one before, i want to make a thru body guitar. I was wondering where i could get parts, not wood, for example where do i get a truss rod, i pressume i need a longer one as its thrubody, Also i was planning to have the body as one pice into which i would slot the neck and other part of teh body, i was wondering if this is the best way to do it or shoudl i ahev the neck all the way to the biottom then stick two sides onto it?? if you get what im saying. also what wood shoudl i make the neck and midel body bit out off i want ti to be strong and have a good trebel tone?

I think that if you don't have the neck all the way down the body, it's called a glued in neck.

A through neck goes all the way from one end to the other of the guitar.

I'm pretty sure that the truss rod is the same as any other though - it shouldn't need to be longer I don't think - I may be wrong though mate!

I think that if you don't have the neck all the way down the body, it's called a glued in neck.

I'm pretty sure that the truss rod is the same as any other though - it shouldn't need to be longer I don't think - I may be wrong though mate!

+1

yeh one of those all teh way to teh bottom of the body, i was told that was called a thru body and that a trhough neck was when the neck was kinda slotted into teh body, nmaybe that guy was wrong.

Truss rod for a neckthru guitar is no different than that in any other style of electric guitar. As far as how you want to attach your neck it all depends on how closely you manage to fit the pieces together. I've built a neck thru with mortise and tenon joints inside, not really required, but I wasn't confident that gluing straight faces was strong enough at the time. I've also encased the neck inside two body wings because I wanted only one center seam showing on the outside. The more complicated you want to make it the harder it gets for fit and finish.

Edited by Southpa