Volume Pot Buzz

Wigglez

I have an epiphone les paul special a simple 2 humbucker guitar with one tone and one volume that has been buzzing for a while now and I CAN't fix it.

the buzz ends when i touch the volume knob or when i palm mute the strings anywhere along the neck.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be??? :D

Wigglez :D

well just for starters i would say it isn't properly grounded. do you ahve a multimeter. if so set it for continuity and hook one end ot the ground and check the bridge. more than likely the solid core wire has broken going to the bridge or it has come off somewhere along the way.

Did you test continuity? To do that, just put one end of the multimeter on your bridge and the other on the ring of your output jack. If your bridge ground is, infact, broken, there are two ways of fixing it. There is the right way: pull the treble side bridge stud and put a new ground wire in, and there is the quick way: run a ground out of your bridge humucker cavity and wrap some of the exposed wire around one of the bridge posts. Either way can work fine, but I think it's worth the extra effort to do it the right way.

peace,

russ

• 3 weeks later...

well I took apart a lot of my wiring and fixed a few soon to be problems (loose wires) and still buzz. Then I remembered that I have a bad toggle switch so i'll replace that when I have the Money and hopefully that will fix the buzz

Wigglez

:D

Edited by Wigglez