Lacquer Touch Up

Leave it alone. You don't know what kind of lacquer it is, and most DIY attempts at finish repair do more harm than good.

Also, I'd suggest you try and focus a little - your questions jump all over the place, like you're looking for something for a problem to solve. Choose one thing you want to try, and stick with it. Then, try something else. Folk are far more inclined to help you out if you actually show evidence of following through on the stuff you ask about.

Leave it alone.  You don't know what kind of lacquer it is, and most DIY attempts at finish repair do more harm than good.

Also, I'd suggest you try and focus a little - your questions jump all over the place, like you're looking for something for a problem to solve.  Choose one thing you want to try, and stick with it.  Then, try something else.  Folk are far more inclined to help you out if you actually show evidence of following through on the stuff you ask about.

+1

Another thing I'd still reccomend to anyone, even with the beauty that is teh internetz and all the informaiton available, is to get a couple of basic books on the subject. If nothing else, they provide a good basis for understanding everything else you read. My two 'starters' have got to be 'Make Your Own Electric Guitar', and Dan Erlewine's 'Guitar Player Repair Guide' for all manner of general repair/touchoup/etc. issues. Worth every single dollar they cost, and then some.

As for finish dings, I say live with it. Repairs are gonna be visible, more often than not, and I firmly believe good repairs, near invisible repairs (short of 'cheating' by convering something to solid-color, say) are a good bit harder than buidling from scratch.