Im Startin A New Project Moded Guitar

hi im starting a new project at school (college) i dont have acess to my tools or a shop so im gonna mod a guitar instead. im considering the following guitars as a base for my project. ibanez sz520 or prs se soapbar II or prs santana se

i plan on changing ot the pickups and the bridge regardless of which i pick.

im leaning towards the ibanez it looks the nicest. any advice is appreciated.

hi im starting a new project at school (college) i dont have acess to my tools or a shop so im gonna mod a guitar instead. im considering the following guitars as a base for my project. ibanez sz520 or prs se soapbar II or prs santana se

What kind of bridge are you planning to use?

Peace,Rich

ENOUGH!!!!!!! :D *** do you want here? You have made 2 dozen threads with absolutely no point to any of them. Advice regarding what? Didn't we have the exact same thread like 2 days ago. Whats your deal man?

What kind of bridge are you planning to use?

Peace,Rich

either a schaller roller or a tunematic. the posts holes on the 3 guitars im considering is irrevelent. i plan on redrilling(its the only tool i have with me).

thanks

ENOUGH!!!!!!! :D *** do you want here? You have made 2 dozen threads with absolutely no point to any of them. Advice regarding what? Didn't we have the exact same thread like 2 days ago. Whats your deal man?

so dont read it. theres plenty of other stipider threads on the board. why do i ask so many question? lets see cause theres' probabbly someone who has played the 3 guitars im considering. im an idiot for asking which is the best before i spend $500. i dont understand u people at all, the phish message board is far more fun.

Seriously man, its not that you ask a million freakin questions, its that you ask a handfull of the same questions over and over and over. Couple that with the fact that you have obviously done zero research on anything and dont seem to have any real idea what you are trying to do and it should be pretty clear why people are geting a bit annoyed.

Seriously man, its not that you ask a million freakin questions, its that you ask a handfull of the same questions over and over and over. Couple that with the fact that you have obviously done zero research on anything and dont seem to have any real idea what you are trying to do and it should be pretty clear why people are geting a bit annoyed.

no its not clear to me. my question has changed significantly. ive researched the hell out of those 3 guitars. the two prs are relatively cheap compare to there other models. which makes me wonder about the quality. the ibanez on the other hand i know for the price you get a decent guitar. since ive had no experience with prs its hard for me to judge the 3 guitars in consideration. u all need to lighten up.

Your question in the original post is "any advice". That is so vague. You are still not making much sense. What is your reason for changing components? Just for somthing to do? You obviously havent played any of these guitars, so why scrap the pickups and bridge? You dont even know what they sound like. If you have done so much research, you should have some idea of the quality of the 3 guitars.

Your question in the original post is "any advice". That is so vague. You are still not making much sense. What is your reason for changing components? Just for somthing to do? You obviously havent played any of these guitars, so why scrap the pickups and bridge? If you have done so much research, you should have some idea of the quality of the 3 guitars.

i tend to think the ibanez would be better. and yes im bored just looking for a project to do.

Spending $500+ on a guitar just so you can replace the pickups and bridge seems daft imo. It's a very expensive "project" considering how little you would learn from it. Imo you'de be better of buying a chunk of wood and trying to make a guitar body, see how it goes and if you're happy grab a neck and the rest of the bits later on. Or buy a realy cheap / 2nd hand guitar and mess about with that.

If you want somthing to do so you can learn then look at how best to get the most learning out of what money you have. If you want a nice guitar, buy a nice guitar.

chris

Spending $500+ on a guitar just so you can replace the pickups and bridge seems daft imo. It's a very expensive "project" considering how little you would learn from it. Imo you'de be better of buying a chunk of wood and trying to make a guitar body, see how it goes and if you're happy grab a neck and the rest of the bits later on. Or buy a realy cheap / 2nd hand guitar and mess about with that.

If you want somthing to do so you can learn then look at how best to get the most learning out of what money you have. If you want a nice guitar, buy a nice guitar.

chris

im very familiar with guitar electrics. im also building one, the projects on hold due to the fact that im at school now. and yet still not a single post relevant to what ask, which ich is the best of the 3.

Never played the ibanez but i have played both the prs's - many of them infact as there is a store nearby that sells heaps of them.

Prs soapbars are **** imo - they just dont feel good to me, nor look good.

prs Santana's i find were actually built great - well the ones i saw, they looked good to me, i would certainlly have one, and they feel good to play.....

although i never played these through an amp it wouldnt really matter considering you want to change the pups anyways.....

id have a good look around in your area to see who supplies prs's then go play one of them and compare it to the ibanez.....

if your looking for good pup's - Jon Moore - hes a canadian selling hand-wound pups to your specs that sound great for cheap prices.... contact him at rhonjon@sympatico.ca

:D

Never played the ibanez but i have played both the prs's - many of them infact as there is a store nearby that sells heaps of them.

Prs soapbars are **** imo - they just dont feel good to me, nor look good.

prs Santana's i find were actually built great - well the ones i saw, they looked good to me, i would certainlly have one, and they feel good to play.....

although i never played these through an amp it wouldnt really matter considering you want to change the pups anyways.....

id have a good look around in your area to see who supplies prs's then go play one of them and compare it to the ibanez.....

if your looking for good pup's - Jon Moore - hes a canadian selling hand-wound pups to your specs that sound great for cheap prices.... contact him at rhonjon@sympatico.ca

:D

[/quote

thanks i think im gonna get the ibanez i found it for $150 less then the santana se.