Atlas Guitars

B) Hi,

Hmmmmmm, a little sitent on the details, such as the origin of the pickups and those cheap-looking tuners. Of course, if you pay sweat-shop pay rates, you could make slmost anything for $1000.

Peace,

Dave

I bet none of ya have heard of this:

but my friend has one of their santana replicas and boy does it sound sweet! It is less than 1000 US$, but howeve double the tone and quality.

It is a must for anyone wanting a cheaper but more out of the ordinary PRS.

Here is the link:

http://www.guitarandpickup.com/ :D

Ash HK  :D

That guy has been trying to offload one of his guitars on Aus. Ebay too. His english and knowledge of how to market an expensive guitar was very poor, and to top it off, the guitar looked a bit sus. On the surface it looked great, but some things about it were just weird...like for such an amazing instrument (supposedly) with master craftsmanship, why was there obvious epoxy all around the inlay on the headstock?

I dunno... but I wouldnt buy one. I'll see if i can dig up the listing.

- Dan

Edit: After looking over that website, the guitars there seem much nicer than the one I saw on Ebay...

im trying to figure out what the heck they are trying to patent on the uranus model....... :D they do something special im not catching that requires a patent? i wonder if they are going to try and "patent" their strat, lespaul and PRS ripoffs too.. :D

StarWar24.jpg

I've lived in asia almost my ENTIRE life. With several visits to thailand for musically, and none music related visits. YES, you do get a bunch of cheap rip-offs with poor quality, so yes, I WOULD check these out VERY thoroughly before throwing down that much money for them. HOWEVER, there are some AMAZING wood-workers over in that part of the world. Now I'm not saying guitars, but woodwork in general can be some of the finest in the world. So if these ARE actually as good as they seem, which he very well could be one of the amazing works I've mentioned, JUMP on it. Cause in that case, the reason he can charge so little for everything is because EVERYTHING (excluding US things he puts on like the tuners, etc.) are cheaper over there. Less government regulation of logging is going to make his wood dirt cheap, since he can live on next to nothing that makes his labour costs dirt cheap, his shell is probably directly from someone near him since he's so close to where it comes from, etc. Chances are, we may think that these prices are rediculously low... but he's probably laughing all the way to the thai bank, cause relatively, over there, he's making a fortune.

Chris

Darn! I only left this topic for half a day expecting maybe 3 replies max but man i could not see why 2 pages ended up. But anyways, great thoughts guys, I myself at first did not believe the pricetage and everything until as mentioned before that my friend had bought one.

Only complaint is that the santana is very heavy and bird inlays are not exactly the same but close enough. Exept from that everything else is perfect, the finish (a Drool!!!), pickups, same or almost as good as SDs, neck is so smooth and the body shapes and headstock seem quite similar to real prs.

Oh ya the epoxy thing on the headstock might be the reason why this guy had sold on ebay, because I don't think there are any other of his products there.

Yes, in the "gallery" section SOME of the pics of past fliers have prices. The Custom 24 copies as 26,000 baht ($650) and the Sanatana copies are 45,000 baht ($1100).

I just emailed him finding out how much a VERY nice COMPLICATED guitar would be. (hollowbody custom 24 with f-holes, bound headstock and fretboard as well, and a moonscape inlay like o n a Mcnaught)(I;'ll let ya'll know what he says).

Chris

HAHAHAHAHA, I just got his reply! It'll only cost me $100 more than the Santana copy. For a custom 24 (made hollowbody) with a McNaught style "Moonscape" inlay and headstock and fretboard binding to match the bodies is only $1200!! This rocks! When I go back to malaysia for christmas I'm SO making a trip up to Bangkok he said he'd give me a tour of the shop.

Chris

• 1 month later...